Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/5/2004 5:24:51 PM EDT
Working on a possible trade for a Pro Eclipse II.  If youve had one\shot one Id like to know what you think of it.  Thanks
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 7:20:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a Pro Eclipse II that I absolutely love.  It was a bit pricey, $919, but it had everything I wanted on it and nothing I didn't.  I have owned a Colt Gov't Model that was a piece of junk (although it was a beautiful pistol) and a Springfield Armory that just didn't like me (I sold it to my brother.)  I went to the shop intending to buy a SA but I got to looking at the Kimbers and made my choice then.  I have never regretted it.

I am having some functioning problems with my handloads, though.  It may be a worn recoil spring (I have some replacements now, I haven't had time to load it up, yet) or the fact that I run Shok Buffs, something that is supposed to be taboo with the 4" barrel.  I will experiment with it and find out what is wrong and everything will be wonderful and our honeymoon will continue, I'm sure.

If the PEII has the stuff on it you are looking for (Trijcon sights, checkered front strap, extended beavertail, extended, adjustable trigger, etc) then I wouldn't hesitate to plop the cash or charge card down and buy one.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 3:54:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Never even tried Kimbers until last year then purchased a Tactical Custom II and fell in love. Decided to try the ProCarry HD II in 38Super and it is the most accurate out of the box handgun I have ever owned in 30 years. Then just for fun I  picked up a Pro Eclipse II and love it as well. All my other 1911s now reside in the safe. The Kimbers do everything I need them to do, are every bit as accurate as my custom guns and as reliable with each having over 3k rounds trouble free.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 3:18:35 PM EDT
[#3]
I was at the range one day shooting the USP 45 F I had just bought, and the stall over had a guy shooting an Eclipse Pro II. After a while he noticing me watching him and said hello. I ended up talking with him for a while and he let me put a couple mags through it. What a nice gun. I was shooting sub par with my USP and went to the Kimber right after and it just plain felt good (guess thats the 1911 for you). What amazed me was how accurate the pistol was, and how the trigger felt like a 4lb microswitch (the kinda switch you have in a mousebutton). I didn't see him have any problems the entire day, the gun just felt like quality factory produced product.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 6:48:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Compared to my other 1911's the Kimber is the slickest, tightest 1911 I have shot.  My Colt rattled on the frame (just like my crappy Pork-u-gese Hi-Power) and my Springfield (now my brother's) seems sort of crude compared to the fit and finish of the Kimber.  I was initially put off by the name, Kimber was known for making rifles, not 1911's, but after I picked it up and compared it to the Springfield I was looking at... well, there was no comparison.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 6:50:29 PM EDT
[#5]
The Eclipse is a little shiney for my taste, but it is just like the rest of their 1911's -- top notch!!!

HTH....
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 7:02:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks to all who took the time to respond.  The trade didnt materialize but the info is appreciated.  I have 5 9mm`s.   I will have to work a good 45 into the budget sometime soon.
 thanks,  DAVE
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 7:05:48 PM EDT
[#7]
If I were you I'd trade ALL my 9mm for a good .45!!!  
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 7:26:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Have to pass on that.   Im not against 45`s, I just havent picked one up yet.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 8:05:01 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

The Eclipse is a little shiney for my taste, but it is just like the rest of their 1911's -- top notch!!!

HTH....

Same here
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 6:50:16 AM EDT
[#10]
The ProCarry 38Super is my carry gun full time now. The Eclipse Pro does have blackened areas but the flats are shiny. You could have them bead blasted very easily. It does not bother me though the way it is.  Since I don't use it I can part with if you want.
Al
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top