Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/3/2001 8:28:19 AM EDT
I have a new Pro Carry with only about 700 rounds through it and the slide has started to fail to lock back when the magazine is empty. The folks at Kimber say that's typical when the recoil spring needs to be replaced, and that on this gun it should be replaced every 600 rounds. Anyone else have this kind of problem? And am I wrong in feeling that a recoil spring should last for more rounds than that?
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 11:32:13 AM EDT
[#1]
The spring is not going to last as long because you're shooting a round intended to be used with a five or six inch slide in a 4 inch package. More abuse=less life. The only thing I can tell you is to try the Wolff springs. I get a few hundreds more rounds out of my Pro Carry over the factory springs with these.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top