Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 12/11/2010 6:25:01 PM EDT
And what do you think of them?

Or is it worth the extra 15 dollars for the factory mags.

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=286517
Link Posted: 12/12/2010 4:39:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Buy the factory mags.

ProMag is crap. If they work at all, it won't be for very long.

Buy the factory mags.

Link Posted: 12/12/2010 5:32:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Ditto, only get Pro-mags if you want to practice clearance drills.  If you want cheaper mags check out CDNN, they often have the best prices on HK mags and every now and then have really great deals on slightly used mags.
Link Posted: 12/12/2010 5:39:00 AM EDT
[#3]
yeah, that's what I figured.

thanks
Link Posted: 12/12/2010 6:14:38 AM EDT
[#4]

That being said, I'll use one or two at the range kind of like my 10-rounders for my USP.  When I get back from the range, they stay in the bag.
Link Posted: 12/13/2010 9:45:45 AM EDT
[#5]
I have 3 for range use and they work fine for that. I wouldn't use them for duty use. On the range if they stepped on,droped in the mud who cares.
Quoted:
And what do you think of them?

Or is it worth the extra 15 dollars for the factory mags.

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=286517

Link Posted: 12/17/2010 5:03:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Friends don't let friends buy a mag from promags. End of story. They should be off the market in my opinion. I see to many people buy them. Scary...
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 8:29:46 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Friends don't let friends buy a mag from promags. End of story. They should be off the market in my opinion. I see to many people buy them. Scary...

What's funny is that I'm the same way. Not a fan of Promag... A goof friend of mine owns a USP 45 and got some Promags. The quality of the Promags appear to be better then the factory H&K mags. Now, he did get his USP used. But he hasn't had a single issue with them. The welds seem cleaner and smooth.

I don't own a USP though.... my big to go .45 ACP is my FNP-45.

Link Posted: 12/18/2010 2:25:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

lol, right on
Link Posted: 12/18/2010 4:13:28 PM EDT
[#9]
i have 6. i use them for range duty and they work ok. the springs are fairly weak making them problematic. the 20rd mags absolutely SUCK. the springs are super weak and they are not very good IMO. if you want range mags, get the promags and save some money. if you want carry mags or they have to work all the time, go factory.
Link Posted: 12/19/2010 8:02:50 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Buy the factory mags.

ProMag is crap. If they work at all, it won't be for very long.

Buy the factory mags.

Link Posted: 12/19/2010 8:34:11 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I wouldn't give them as a gift to someone I hated.

Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top