Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/25/2006 6:44:23 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:53:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Bingo.  Don't want the sheeple to freak out.  If they did, they could fabricate a story that you were waving it around, etc.  Get the wrong LEOs involved and you could be charged with brandishing a firearm or disturbing the peace / disorderly conduct just for "causing" a scene.

Never had the displeasure of having someone yell "he's got a gun!" at me, but I'm sure I'd smile, pull out my wallet and yell, "and a license to do it, too!....dumbass!"
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 10:12:32 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
But are there legal issues of printing written into some state CCW laws ?
Or ?

Here in Texas we have a law called "Failure to conceal a handgun by a permit holder" or something like that.  I'm sure TXInvestigator will correct me.

Basically, your gun has to stay concealed.  It can't be noticable through "ordinary observation by an ordinary observor."  Excessive printing can be interpreted to be a violation of this, depending on who you ask.  I try not to print because of the sheeple reason, though, not because I think I'd be charged for doing so.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:13:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:24:07 AM EDT
[#4]
With a sturdy belt and well designed holster, it is easy to conceal even a full size gun. FWIW, the average Joe Citizen wouldn't notice if you carried a MAC-11 around tucked into your pants.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:50:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Even if your gun bulge is very obvious to others, most people won't care anyway, as long as you don't appear threatening or act suspicious.

If you're shaking, your eyes are darting across the room and you're dripping in a cold sweat, you may draw some attention.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 7:22:23 AM EDT
[#6]
I do my best to conceal, but I am not going to let it change the way I dress.  I have only been made by real close friends.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 7:25:05 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
With a sturdy belt and well designed holster, it is easy to conceal even a full size gun. FWIW, the average Joe Citizen wouldn't notice if you carried a MAC-11 around tucked into your pants.

+1 to the average Joe Citizen part

especially now with all the stuff people have on their waist, such as cell phones, PDA's etc.  To others it becomes part of the furniture, so to speak, even if you were printing in a slight way (like the corner of the grip for example)
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 9:58:34 AM EDT
[#8]
As said above by a couple of posters, a good belt/holster will make it hard for even you to tell that you are carrying, and the average dumbshit non gun guy citizen won't have a clue anyway.  Its a perfectly normal concern though, we have all had it, but you get used to carrying pretty quick, and realize that no one knows, b/c they arent' looking for it.  Even if you are looking for it, if a person is using a good rig, its damn hard to tell.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 10:49:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Well stated above.  I used to be concerned about printing, but not anymore.  People just don't notice.  My buddy saw a guy at the store a while ago carrying a Glock under his shirt.  He could tell what it was because the print was so obvious.  Nobody else in the store noticed at all, though, and he was in line at the cash register with people to either side and a door that people were walking in behind him.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 1:34:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top