Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/5/2002 11:44:23 PM EDT
I have a friend based at Ft. Hood found a P7 for sale at $900.  From his description the gun is in 95% condition, but I can't tell more without seeing the firearm myself.  From what I know, this sounds like a decent purchase.  Can anyone tell me if this is a good buy?  
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 6:06:40 AM EDT
[#1]
That's about the going rate.  Neat guns, had one once but got rid of it.  Too hard to find leather for it.  Accessories (read magazines) very expensive.  And if memory serves you aren't supposed to shoot plain lead bullets thru it, jacketed ammo only.  They're also a bit heavy for their size.  Very accurate.  Simple operating drill.  Excellent sights and ergonomics at least for me.  Just never understood why they cost so damned much.
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 6:51:16 AM EDT
[#2]
You are right about not shooting lead rounds through it, and that goes for any polygonal barreled firearms, including Glock and the other H&K handguns.  My dad has two of the original P7's with the european style of mag release on the bottom of the gun.  I love them, but I hear you, damn accurate, and damn expensive.
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 6:04:12 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I have a friend based at Ft. Hood found a P7 for sale at $900.  Can anyone tell me if this is a good buy?  

Only if he's loaded with too much money. Go to Kentucky Imports web site & check their prices. I ordered mine from H&K, used, for $650. They've got a load of police/military trade-ins. Mine came with cleaning brushes, owners manual, the whole nine yards. I couldn't actually tell if it had been fired more than a few boxes of ammo.
They are darn fine guns & well worth the money. Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 7:27:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Bob,
E-mail me with the details of how you ordered the used P7 from HK.
I have been looking for a good deal on a police trade.

Thanks
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top