Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/1/2006 4:02:39 PM EDT
I am looking for a 1911 and found a NIB Rock Island for 339.00 I am not sure of any of the specifics, but it looks fairly plain. I realize this is a fairly vague question, but perhaps someone can tell me what to look for when I go back tomorrow. Is this a good price? How close is this to the price of a new Springfield GI model? There was a Springfield GI model at another booth, but it was about retail. What kinds of prices are others finding online and such? Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 4:42:07 PM EDT
[#1]
you can usually find the GI model for around $400.  that's what i paid for mine.  i've had a chance to compare it to an RI, and the springfield seems to be better made.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 4:56:57 PM EDT
[#2]
I like the "milspec" version, also.  Is that going to run around 500?
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 5:09:19 PM EDT
[#3]
"Street Price" should be about $425 GI , $500 Mil-spec.

Of course Gunshow prices vary according to where you are and what the Hot sellers are.

Usually Day 2 of a show firms up the low price - unless there happens to be a Buying Orgy

For $60 -70 difference , I would go with a Springfield.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 5:29:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 6:31:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Sarco sells NIB Rock Island Armory gov models for 289 plus 15 bucks shipping. Check out their website or latest issue of Shotgun News.
www.sarcoinc.com i think
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 6:32:10 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Drop an extra $100 and get a Springfield GI, you'll thank yourself.

+1
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 7:46:16 PM EDT
[#7]
I have both.  The Rock Island Armory is lacking in quality.  Mine was new in the box with a firing pin spring that was not even the correct part.   The grip frame is out of specs, my Kimber .22 conversions will not fit on it.  Like the others have said,, you can get a Springfield GI for a few $ more and the quality is worth more than the few extra $ it will cost you.  In my area the Rock Island is only around $60.00 cheaper than the Spring. GI. and my Kimber .22 conversions fit the Springfields.  This is sort of off topic, but out of all my 1911's, My favorite is the Oly long slide Match Master.  In this area it was around $200.00 more than the Spring. GI ($600.00).  Right out of the box it is the most impressive .45 cal 1911 I have ever shot.  Good luck with whatever follows you home!  ALLONS11  
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 8:28:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the info. I will probably just hold off for a Springfield GI or Milspec. I really wanted a Springfield to begin with, but though I would check into Rock Island.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top