Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/5/2004 6:16:47 PM EST
A friend of mine is not a "gun guy" and inherited a Walter PPK. Here's what I know about the gun:

* Made in W. Germany
* PPK/S Cal 9mm kurz (this is .380 ACP apparently)
* Imported by Interarms, Alexandria Virginia

There are several tiny "German Eagles" stamped on it. One on the slide, one by the trigger guard, one on the barrel near the muzzle. Maybe others that I missed.

Another friend claims that the "Vintage" West German Walther PPKs sell at a premium for collector value. Do any of you know anything about what the market price for such a gun is? I told the owner of this piece I would check into it for him and get an idea of what he could get for it.

If you need any other info, I can find out anything that's stamped on the gun like serial numbers/markings, etc. but I do not have any documentation about the date of manufacture or anything like that.

Thanks for any help.

-Nick Viejo.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 6:22:50 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/5/2004 6:23:24 PM EST by Dave_A]

Originally Posted By N_Viejo:
A friend of mine is not a "gun guy" and inherited a Walter PPK. Here's what I know about the gun:

* Made in W. Germany
* PPK/S Cal 9mm kurz (this is .380 ACP apparently)
* Imported by Interarms, Alexandria Virginia

There are several tiny "German Eagles" stamped on it. One on the slide, one by the trigger guard, one on the barrel near the muzzle. Maybe others that I missed.

Another friend claims that the "Vintage" West German Walther PPKs sell at a premium for collector value. Do any of you know anything about what the market price for such a gun is? I told the owner of this piece I would check into it for him and get an idea of what he could get for it.

If you need any other info, I can find out anything that's stamped on the gun like serial numbers/markings, etc. but I do not have any documentation about the date of manufacture or anything like that.

Thanks for any help.

-Nick Viejo.

I paid $280 for mine, buying from a non-'gun-guy' on Gunbroker.com, who thought it was in 9mm NATO, not 9mm Kz (9mm Kurz, which, yes, is .380ACP).

However, $400-500 is (and was) the going rate for a PPK/S.

It is not a 'Nazi Gun' which he is trying to represent it as. The PPK/S (aka 'bigger PPK' or 'Postban PPK') was made in response to the 1968 non-sporting-firearm ban (part of the GCA).

The PPK/S was made just big enough to allow it to be imported, it is in-esscence a 'neutered' PPK.

Type in PPK/S on gunbroker, to see an idea of the values...
Top Top