Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/22/2006 1:39:32 PM EDT
Can someone chime in and tell me if 225 is a good price for a S&W model 36 in "good" condition?
Thanks
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 3:48:28 PM EDT
[#1]
"Good" condition can cover quite a range, depending on if you're buying or selling.  But $225 is at least in the ball park.  Not cheap, not at drop everything and buy it kind of deal, but at least reasonable.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 4:32:31 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
"Good" condition can cover quite a range, depending on if you're buying or selling.  But $225 is at least in the ball park.  Not cheap, not at drop everything and buy it kind of deal, but at least reasonable.

Thank you.  I am looking at buying it.  It's an old one so some of the finish is worn and the grips are the original wooden ones so they are kinda beat but I am gonna replace that with a Hogue if I buy it.  I've been wanting something in this price range that I can throw in a ankle holster.  They have another S&W Model 6?7 (maybe 637?) for 299 but that is more than I want to spend.  I figure I can get a holster and ammo for the 3 bills if I buy this one.  Thanks again.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 2:37:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Have you ever shot one before?  Snubbies are difficult little buggers to shoot.  Most people get very frustrated with them very quickly.  

If its an earlier Model 36 its best to avoid the +P loads.  Gun won't blow up, but it does put alot more wear and tear on them.  Not very pleasant to shoot with +P anyway.

I'm not a big fan of Hogues; Pachies and Uncle Mike's being my favorites, but to each his own.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top