Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/6/2004 9:56:50 AM EDT
I am looking into buying another Glock, I own a 22 model ( 40 S&W )  I am seriously looking into 10mm ported 20C model.  First will the pistol hold up?????  I have yet to hear glowing reveiws of any 10mm's long term durability, I am told Glock is the only one to chamber it with long term success, 1911 frames and several others I have come accross do not have a long service life????  The 10mm I read is roughly equivalent to a .41 magnum I am told a single shot is more than sufficient to place a target on their back.  How do ported Glocks perform????  Do the upward gases hinder fast sight acquisition????  Are they easily controlled and kept on target for rapid followups????  I have a ported extended .357 Sig 5 1/2" federal barrel for my model 22 I have yet to brake it in I will post feedback when I do!!!!

Any feedback appreciated,

Matt
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 5:13:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 6:29:12 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a Glock 20C. I love it.  The ported guns are more  or less range guns versus carry or home protection, imho.  I carry a Glock 30 or a Kimber Pro carry 2. For home, I use my Sig 220ST.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 7:12:20 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a 19c and love it. Most accurate carry pistol I have. I also have a nonported barrel for carry use. The ported barrel gets used at the range most of the time.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 7:55:29 PM EDT
[#4]
I was thinking of getting a factory Glock20 barrel. 15 +1 10mm carry/home!
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 7:08:05 PM EDT
[#5]
I carry a 31C at work and have shot thousands of rounds and it doesnt matter day or night it doesnt interfere with anything
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 8:12:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Do the front sights stay on target for the followup/ double tap???????
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 5:30:53 PM EDT
[#7]
My 20C and 21C are great guns.  Be advised though if you shoot from hip or close to the body you will eat hot gas.  Makes a world of difference when you are shooting, but again, hold it to close you will pay the price.  With that being said, I wouldn't trade mine for the world.
Chris
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 5:51:02 PM EDT
[#8]
The C models definitely tame the recoil better than uncomp'd barrels.  But, not a great choice for carry / defense.  I don't like to shoot my 23C from retention.  Kinda unpleasant.

Sending lead down range will speed up your double taps through muscle memory.  Double taps are mostly operator dependant.

BBH (Body, Body, Head)
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 10:10:14 AM EDT
[#9]
I have had the Glock 29 for awhile now, and I just got the 20 last week(not ported), my new favorite Glock. 10mm is a great round
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top