Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2015 1:31:13 AM EDT
So I'm looking at a Mauser police Luger with a police "sear safety" on it.  What is that, and is that desirable?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/8/2015 3:58:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Common at least with police Luger's as they all had them from the Wiemar period through the fall of the 3rd Reich. Something rare to find on a police Luger would be a magazine safety as many that were originally fitted were later removed in the mid 30's.
Link Posted: 9/8/2015 6:28:59 PM EDT
[#2]
What is it though? I'm just curious. Looking at a nice Mauser marked Luger with one on it.
Link Posted: 9/9/2015 10:46:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Well a photo or at least a description would be handy. Is this a Banner Mauser marked, a 42, S/42 or byf marked luger?
Link Posted: 9/10/2015 8:33:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/10/2015 9:07:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well a photo or at least a description would be handy. Is this a Banner Mauser marked, a 42, S/42 or byf marked luger?
View Quote

Yes. Banner Luger.
Link Posted: 9/10/2015 11:16:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Quite simply it is a piece of spring steel riveted on the frame that has a pin which blocks the sear bar from moving unless the trigger is pulled. On early Lugers the sear bar was partially exposed. Pressure on the sear could make it fire unintentionally. This was later alleviated by relieving the sear "cutting it back further" however it still could go off if something got under the side plate.

Here are pictures of my 1921 police DWM. The sear safety rivet is just below the DWM marking.

Here is a side view, you can see the semi exposed sear bar just protruding from the side plate.

Link Posted: 5/19/2017 1:21:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Nice 1921 DWM! I have one also SN# 4199. My Dad brought it back from WW2
Nathanhale
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top