Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/19/2003 10:01:34 AM EDT
Hello,

I am trying to find a holster that will hold my Glock 23 that has a Streamlight M3 Tactical light mounted on it for my night OPS

Now, I dont want to go broke buying it since it wont be used as much as my daytime rig.

Anyone know where to find this?

Thank in advance!
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 10:03:29 AM EDT
[#1]
You can't carry in Merryland, stupid plebe!

Link Posted: 5/19/2003 10:05:54 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
You can't carry in Merryland, stupid plebe!

You mean I cant carry in public.........
Private area's(with permission) are a whole different story.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 10:10:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Here's where I buy - www.holster-connection.com/index.html

I don't think anyone makes a holster for the gun w/light yet.

How about a fanny pack?  I picked on up this weekend for CCW (I live in a Free(r) State - Pennsylvania) for when I'm in shorts & a t-shirt walking at night.  Works well, $10 for a leather one.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 10:10:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the link too, I found one on there that looks like what I want but its almost $150!
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 12:53:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Bladetech makes a holster to fit your needs. You can go to their sight and configure a custom order. It will be pricy as in the $60+ range, but they make excellent holsters.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 4:49:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Fobus makes one.  
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 4:55:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Of course,

1) It's a Fobus, so it is priced like you want, and works, but it is not top shelf by any means.  

2) the retention strap makes drawing akward and unlike what you are probably used to, but if you are in a situation where you think you may need to draw you can undo the strap and still leave it holstered.

For 3 times the money you can get my favorite G35 holster (It also comes in shorter sizes) From Eagle Industries SteyrAUG here on the boards is a dealer).
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 5:47:00 PM EDT
[#8]
You may want to look at the safariland 6004 if you want a tac holster.  They also make a belt version of the same holster.  The SLS retention system they use is fast and your pistol still remains very secure during even rigorous activities.  Alot of the 'security/retention' holsters are just that -- too secure to get into play quickly.  Some even require that you learn a different draw technique to get your pistol out -- always seemed like a stupid thing to me. This is not the case with the 6004's. I find them very easy to reholster and secure my pistol (engage the retention strap) when stressed, winded and the fine motor skills long since gone.  

A Blade tech with the tec-lock would be my next choice for a belt holster.  Blade tech has great customer service and they can make just about any holster you want.  Their delivery times on 'custom' holsters are very good.  Overall they are great folks to do business with.  

You may also want to check out comp-tac's holsters.  I dont own one but several buddies do and have been pleased.  Prices are also reasonable.

Fobus is crap.  Buying a cheap holster is kind of like buying a 10K  motorcycle and then going to kmart to get the best deal on a helmet!

Just my .02...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top