Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/27/2006 7:26:56 AM EDT
I am looking for a compact belt slide holster similar to this but for a Kahr pistol.

This is a Don Hume, but they do not offer it for the Kahr. I have checked a a dozen different manufacturers but haven't been able to find one. I don't want a Yaqui slide, or one of the large ones with tensions screws, or a thumb break. I just want a simple slide with belt slots, preferably in black leather.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:11:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Kahr sells several different models by Alessi and Rosen.

www.kahr.com/access.html
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:16:49 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Kahr sells several different models by Alessi and Rosen.

www.kahr.com/access.html

They have some slides, but not exactly what I'm looking for.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:59:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Galco has the "Quick Slide" which looks similar to the one in your picture. Not sure if they make it for the Kahr.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 9:49:23 AM EDT
[#4]
The one in the pick looks similar to a Don Hume.. He makes some nice gear for reasonable prices...
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:34:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Look at the Don Hume - JIT.  It is similar with only one tab for the belt loop, the second belt loop is part of the holster.  I have had one for years and it works well.  Relatively inexpensive.

Your other option is to order the slide you want in the size for the colt government .  The Kahr frame and barrel are similarly sized.  I have a DeSantis holster that was made for for a Kahr T9 and my government model fits securely.  

Ask Don Hume if the Kahr will fit the slide holster you want.

Steve
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:51:37 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Look at the Don Hume - JIT.  It is similar with only one tab for the belt loop, the second belt loop is part of the holster.  I have had one for years and it works well.  Relatively inexpensive.

Thanks for the advice. I was also looking at the JIT. Is it fairly secure and easily concealable? I want a holster that pulls the pistol in tight.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 12:00:12 AM EDT
[#7]
It is as secure as any slide type holster.

Steve
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 12:56:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Check out a Bianchi Minimalist?
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 4:59:02 AM EDT
[#9]
don't know about quality or anything.  but they make it for the kahr. linky
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 6:23:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 10:23:42 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
How about this one?

www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/ProductDetail.aspx?p=6951&title=BELT+SLIDE+HOLSTER

www.brownells.com/Images/Products/425107100.JPG

I have one of those from Brownells for my Kahr and my 1911.  They are great little holsters for the money.  Mine have held up very well.  I no longer have my Kahr but I find that many guns will fit snugly into the holster regardless.  

Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:16:15 AM EDT
[#12]
Wouldn't one made for a Glock or XD be a close enough fit?
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:37:49 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I am looking for a compact belt slide holster similar to this but for a Kahr pistol.

This is a Don Hume, but they do not offer it for the Kahr. I have checked a a dozen different manufacturers but haven't been able to find one. I don't want a Yaqui slide, or one of the large ones with tensions screws, or a thumb break. I just want a simple slide with belt slots, preferably in black leather.

okay, you didn't say what model of Kahr..... but if it's one of these:
KAHR 9
KAHR 40
KAHR MK9
KAHR MK40
KAHR P9
KAHR PM9
KAHR PM40
KAHR T9

how about this one? >  
The #8 Close Cropped Shortcut is the same holster as the #10 Shortcut, but the belt slots are placed closer to the gun so it has a thinner profile. Sometimes people with thinner builds like a holster that doesn't have too much width. The cant is approximately the same as the #10. It is hand boned, hand dyed, HARDMOLDEDTM, and beautifully finished in your choice of 8 colors. The belt slots can be ordered in either 1¼"or 1½".
$44.95

or this one? >
This is a classic cut that lets your barrel show through the bottom of the holster. This light-weight, compact holster is hand boned, hand dyed, and Hardmolded™ with a dowel sight clearance. Made of 8-9 oz. cowhide.
$49.95

They have all kinds of options, send them the pic and they'll probably make one for you for your Kahr, and all are available in kydex, if that interests you.

Fist-inc
I just ordered a kydex rig and pouch last week...waiting for it to arrive.

No Expert
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 9:11:34 AM EDT
[#14]
Have you checked out Dillon's

I have a JIT for my S&W 642 and I like it. Very secure and pretty easy to conceal depending on clothing (of course).
It conceals under a t-shirt with a button-up shirt over that.
Mine doesn't squeak as much as some of my other leather.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top