Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 3/20/2006 4:59:02 PM EDT
Where can you get pistol mag bodys from thanks.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:25:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/20/2006 5:27:25 PM EDT by Kaliburz]
I suppose it depends on what pistol.

May I ask for what type of pistol? Glock? Beretta? If it's a name brand, it's just about easier to buy the hi cap mag entirely then try to find a mag body.

You can try Brownells (online). There are a few other places I know of....I think Midway USA has some.

By the way ( I don't mean to infer anything ).... if you are in a state w/ a hi capacity magazine ban, most sellers will know this and will not allow you to order a hi cap mag body.... unless it's for a replacment (like Scherer did w/ Glock mag bodies....)
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 9:18:20 PM EDT
That's exactly what i'm trying to do, replace the body's for my old Berreta 92 and Sig 226, I had them before the ban so I should be intitled to replacing them.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 9:13:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/21/2006 9:15:39 PM EDT by Kaliburz]
In theory, a pre ban mag that has no markings would look exactly like a "no ban" mag. One wouldn't be able to tell.... in theory.

I would suggest contacting Berretta and Sig. Maybe they'll allow you to send your mag bodies in and they'll send you new ones. Worth a try.... I have not heard of mag bodies for Berretta and Sig.... but I wouldn't be surprised if they're out there.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 8:19:45 AM EDT
I'll keep looking around, I won't to hang on to the old ones (crushed) incase they ask for proof. Thanks for your help.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 6:19:11 PM EDT
This might sound odd.... have you tried asking a local gun shop the "hypothetical question" of replacment bodies.....
Top Top