Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/24/2006 10:02:20 PM EDT
Hi guys,
This is a picture of my 229ST that is showing a bit of peening on the slide where the hammer comes into contact with the charging rail right below the firing pin. Do you guys think this is a problem? I have a regular 229 that has many more rounds through it with no peening/deformation. Here are a few pics of both to compare. What do you think?

Top 2 pics are the 229ST with the peening and the bottom 2 are my regular 229 with no peening.
Notice how the regular 229 is nice and round and the 229ST is getting flattened.

229ST  

229ST  

Regular 229  

Regular 229
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 1:42:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Someone has to have some input on this.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 1:46:18 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Someone has to have some input on this.

I know it's a pain in the ass, but better pics would get you more input.  I suck at up close type pics myself (macro mode?)
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 3:50:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 12:34:07 AM EDT
[#4]
I find the issue with the top of the barrel (above the chamber) to be a bigger issue - on two P229s that I have, I get gouging on one edge in addition to the normal wear.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 11:27:56 PM EDT
[#5]
I looked at a couple other used SIG's today and they both had this also. They were a Pro and a 220. Must be normal. My 220ST also has this.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 6:06:25 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I find the issue with the top of the barrel (above the chamber) to be a bigger issue - on two P229s that I have, I get gouging on one edge in addition to the normal wear.

i have the same problem with my 229, i thought it might be from shooting a box of laquer coated wolf through it like a dumbass, maybe gumming up my action.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top