Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/2/2003 3:01:41 AM EDT
This model has the standard ejection port which sits up high on the top of the slide. Also has the low profile WWll sights and the lanyard ring. Also had the standard short trigger. I was glad that the chamber was polished and throated to feed hollow points and when I was at the range with this gun it fed 4 different typs of HPs and was totally reliable with all ammo used. The mag well is NOT beveled (no big deal the mags went in and out with no problems) The gun was very accurate, I shot off hand at 15 yards and best 5 shot group was under an inch. The fit and finnish was impecable. very good slide to frame fit (no rattles when you shake the gun) The trigger had a very small amount of creep and broke pretty cleanly at about 4 1/2 pounds. Gun only comes with one mag and in a cardboard box in styrofoam. I didn't like the plastic grips so I bought some WWll replica walnut, double diamond, checkered, grips for it and it makes the gun look really nice. I paid 379.99 for it at a Ft. Worth TX Gun Show. The gun has character and is a good value and a quality firearm, and you can't go wrong with the Springfield Armory life time warranty.
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 10:29:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Does it have the re-pro rollmarks like the Colt WWII reissue, or just the standard Springfield stamps?

-NeedAclip
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 12:51:59 AM EDT
[#2]
That sounds like my OLD series '90...Cardboard box, styrofoam, lanyard loop.
Mine also has fed everything so far.
On one end of the box, what squares are checked?
I suspect you picked up a vintage SA in good shape...the serial # range would prove that out, one way or the other.
None the less, a good gun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top