Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/16/2004 6:44:12 PM EDT
...at army navy in Whitehall PA. Paid 914 for it. Havent shot it yet but will tomorrow on my day off. Plan on putting at least 3-400 rounds through it to break it in. I will report on this tomorrow night. I'm very excited for this and hope it works well. I had a Classic II and had absolutely no problems with it so i'm holding out a great deal of hope that i got lucky again !!!
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 9:32:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Congrats.  Nice price.  Enjoy.
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 12:53:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 4:13:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Well i hit the range today....i brought 100 rounds of CCI 230 gr. ball and Federal American Eagle 230 gr. ball. Also has three Chip McCormick 8 rounders to use. No problems arose until round number 32 where i had a failure to feed. I racked the slide and it came out fine and the round looked alright. Round number 48 did the exact same thing and then ....Absolute perfection. I fired it fairly fast the whoel time and experiencd just the two FTF's. As for accuracy i couldnt complain about the gun. It fired alot better then i am capable of making it. It was an indoor range and the longest shot i could pull off was 50 feet. At 21 feet i can get great tight 2 inch groups which were precisely to my point of aim. Out at 50 feet i was opening up a bit with some flyers which in my own defense may have been caused by the slightly swinging target thingee.

I own or have owned several different handguns int he past ten years and this pistol is by far the most accurate and best handling of them all. It has my full endorsement and i would have no issue recommending it to anyone.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 7:55:42 AM EDT
[#4]
update: fired off 3 mags out backyesterday  before heading off to work. it was all winchester white box walmart stuff and it all went without a hitch then for the hell of it i fired off one single rround of Wolf and got a Failure to Extract.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 11:02:10 AM EDT
[#5]
I picked one up last weekend (NIB). I paid $875 out the door. I ran 200 rounds of WWB 230 with out an issue. For mags I used the 7 round kimber supplied mag,7 round metalform,8 rd wilson combat, 8 round novak and a 8 rd CMC power mag. No issues at all. Shoots great like my Kimber Pro cary II, SW1911 and my SA OD loaded. The trigger on mine is a little heavy. About 5.5 lbs. We will see if this gets lighter after a few more rounds. I replaced the stock rubber grips with a set of Green VZgrips. This has to be one of the best deals under $1000 for a 1911.

Link Posted: 9/2/2004 8:56:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Hey, I love that ARMY_NAVY store in Whitehall.  The one on Grape Street across from the Lehigh Valley Mall.  Big Store, lots of fun.  
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:50:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Good store,Kinda bad service sometimes. depends on whos working. They cater to the glock crowd. On another note i bought a Bladetech IWB for the Kimber and am happy to report it works wonderfully. The gun itself is still going strong at 500 rounds with only 2 FTF in the very beginning.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top