Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/15/2006 3:35:23 AM EDT
feel free to write, "JUST GET A (fill in)"...  but, I will only get one of the two choices.  

I love my PT145Pro and teh 24/7 is a natural extension of that.  Plus I could use the mags of the larger gun in the smaller one, only proble (until now) was teh trigger.  Finefor a backup gun (Which hasn't hiccuped ONCE in thousands of rounds) but I like single action for full size guns.  Well, teh new 24/7 SA is just that, plus it reverts to DA with blown primers and other ammo malfunctions.  

I loved my XD40, but decided to go all 45.  selling teh XD40 now.  Considering teh XD45ACP.  I hear grip is a bit bigger haven't tried it yet.  I got picky hands though, short trigger finger too.  XD40 was PERFECT shape for me though and I hear the 45ACP shape is only fractionally larger.

I'd be popping new sights on either, probably something like a meprolight bar dot setup....
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 9:39:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Go for the XD .45, of the grip works for you.

Chris
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 11:52:30 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Go for the XD .45, of the grip works for you.

Chris

+1. I love the XD's. Very comfortable grip angle, reminds me of a 1911. It's even better if you put a Houge Slip-On grip with fingergrooves and palm swells. I don't think the grip is going to be that much bigger, if you look in Springfield section it has a picture of the magwells from the XD45, Hk, G21 and it was smaller than the both of them.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 12:00:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Both have a lifetime warranty, but I'd go with the XD in a polymer framed SA pistol.

If a revolver, definitely the Taurus. They make great revolvers.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 1:43:38 PM EDT
[#4]
XD
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 3:07:11 PM EDT
[#5]
JUST GET A S&W 500.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 10:18:50 AM EDT
[#6]
I can't believe no one has said it yet...............

Get both!  Duh.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 10:20:23 AM EDT
[#7]
XD baby. my gunshow grab

Link Posted: 1/16/2006 11:19:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Get the XD.

You know what they say about Taurus? Don't you?

Owning a Taurus is like...

Dating a fat chick. She may be great in bed but you can't show her off to your friends.

Riding a moped. Might be fun for around the block but you can't take it into town.

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 4:06:55 AM EDT
[#9]
You could have any item listed as your 2nd item because my answer would be "Anything other than a Taurus."
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 4:34:29 AM EDT
[#10]
I was interested in the 24/7 when it was announced.  Then I got to fondle one.  Go with the XD.

Woody
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:29:06 PM EDT
[#11]
I don't like the XD, and I don't like taurus, even though the 24/7 is supposed to be a decent gun.  I guess I'm SOL, because if your going fantastic plastic, I'd have to say glock or HK.  You don't need a stupid grip safety.  Just another thing to go wrong.  I don't see anything that the XD has that a glock doesn't do better.  Bigger mag capacity, better finish, more history of reliability, and a lower bore axis.  I'd say save your pennies if you can't afford a Glock.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 10:09:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Go XD. I think the size of the pistol plus the capacity makes it a great pistol. Normaly I prefer Glocks to XDs but because of the size I would get the XD. I would not mind having the Tarus and the .45 has the only grip on that series of pistols that I like. The 9mm and the .40 have some kind of soft grip sleave that is made into the grip it seems like. I could care less if every body else liked it if I did but my vote is for the XD for sure. I have a 9mm and it is great.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top