Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/13/2007 8:25:43 AM EDT
Hey guys,

Can you show me pictures of your 1911's with 10 rounders? Preferably with Chip McCormick's but any type is great!

Thanks in advance...
New to posting but a Veteran Arfcom Forum Lurker
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 9:51:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Here's a few of mine with CMC 10rd mags...

Link Posted: 8/13/2007 10:54:05 AM EDT
[#2]
You have some beautiful Kimbers there, Pete. Do the Gunner Grips come with that smooth spot near the magazine release or did you do it yourself?
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 10:56:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Not me, or my 1911 but I like the picture:

Link Posted: 8/13/2007 12:09:40 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
You have some beautiful Kimbers there, Pete. Do the Gunner Grips come with that smooth spot near the magazine release or did you do it yourself?

Thanks!  I did the mag release relief myself on those pictured.  Rob used to offer it as an option when he was alive and making the grips.  I bought a pair from him and liked it so I do it to all of them now myself.  It makes it just a tad easier to reach the mag release.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 12:24:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Force Recon gives me the warm fuzzies.
Hey Pete, what did you use to refinish the first kimber pictured, and what type of fixed sight is that. I'm looking to change up my kimber in a similar fashion.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 12:26:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 12:30:51 PM EDT
[#7]

The Frankengun Operator - Greider, Berryhill, Wilson, Caspian, 10-8, EGW, and Kimber parts.

Here she is on top before a lot of the changes.  Guns below are project guns.

Link Posted: 8/13/2007 1:54:03 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Force Recon gives me the warm fuzzies.
Hey Pete, what did you use to refinish the first kimber pictured, and what type of fixed sight is that. I'm looking to change up my kimber in a similar fashion.

I used Brownells spray-n-bake in OD.  The rear sight is an original Novak from the first run of Kimber Warriors.  Click here for a link to my refinishing thread from another forum.

effinNewGuy,
Nice guns!  There's nothing better than adding and changing parts to make it your own.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 2:41:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Why thank you Pete!  Your Kimbers are awesome as well, and it is true what you said about personalizing your pistols-truly a fulfilling endeavor.  
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 2:43:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top