Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/22/2006 7:45:57 AM EDT
I might be getting a 1911 not far down the road. Either a Springfield or Auto Ordinance 1911A1 and I was wondering if 10 round 45ACP mags from Para Ordinance will work or not? I might use it for my carry gun as a police officer someday if the deaprtment alows and I am not big on guns that carry less than 10 rounds as a duty weapon. And I don't like magazines that stick out either. If not I will just get myself a Para Ordinance.his
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 10:20:44 AM EDT
[#1]
springfield makes a double stack 1911.  or you could just get a para.  the thing is that any 8+ round mag will stick out of a standard size 1911 or they are double stack and will be too fat.  

if you want something that holds at least 10 rounds you may have to look at other calibers if grip width is a problem for you.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top