Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Kahr
Posted: 7/11/2008 6:58:34 PM EDT
Any updates on the release of the Kahr P380??????????????

It's getting hot out, I need a high quality BUG!!!!

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 6:21:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Hey there, sorry for the delay.  Haven't been actively cruising the forum lately.

P380 is delayed a bit from the original June release.  Mid August - Early September is more like it now.  

As soon as we begin shipping, I will post here on the forums to let ya'll know.  If you need something and you dont hear from me, email me and I'll get right back to you.

KahrGirl
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 7:42:06 AM EDT
[#2]
KahrGirl,

This seems like an excellent place for a tacked Kahr Thread first.

Second, any chance of seeing a T-45?

Third, can we have wrap around grip extensions for the PM-9's? They would make the PM-9 more competative with the Walther PPS

Thanks

A T-357 would also be welcome
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 5:46:27 PM EDT
[#3]
DMR,

Sounds like you favor the steel guns more than the polymer.  Anything is possible, but I would look for a K45 before you see a T45.  Weight is the issue with moving forward on the .45 in a steel gun...oh and costs associated with a new model.

Kahr has many customers asking for a steel .45, but we're not sure how customers would accept the heaviness of it when the demand is for a lightweight carry gun.

357 is a good idea, Kahr hears that one often.  Could be built on steel or polymer frame.  I'll pass it to Engineering to add to the R&D list.  

KahrGirl
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:04:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Kahrgirl,

I have had a P-9 since 99 and just added a T-9 and a PM-9. I currently have a TP-45 on my buy list due to a package I sent in to Kahr a few years ago. That said I was disapponted when the TP line came out with the P frames. I would have liked the T and TP line to have the same grip length. I would like a "T-45" because it would give me a modern 8+1 .45

The .357 SIG is to keep me from buying a SIG 239 DAK in .357. If you make it in a K or P-357 first I will take it though
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 1:13:56 PM EDT
[#5]
KahrGirl Any updates on this?
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 5:05:45 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

+1....Still waiting, but don't know how long I can resist the LCP!!!!
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 9:23:42 PM EDT
[#7]
I had an LCP, no big deal. I like my keltec and seecamp better but I want a Kahr bad I love my PM-9
Link Posted: 9/8/2008 7:25:47 AM EDT
[#8]
I like the Idea of a pm357 or a replacement barrel for the pm40 to shoot 357sig.
Link Posted: 9/8/2008 1:21:44 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1....Still waiting, but don't know how long I can resist the LCP!!!!

i BOUGHT THE LCP AND HAVE 1300 FLAWLESS ROUNDS THROUGH IT  A super little pocket rocket. Puts the kt's to shame IMO.  But saying allthat I truly willbuy the Kahr P380 due to it better quality and I like the bells and whistles on it.  Just a mini twin to my PM9.  Great company...
Link Posted: 9/10/2008 7:28:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Bump?
Link Posted: 9/20/2008 10:45:40 AM EDT
[#11]
any updates on this?
Link Posted: 9/26/2008 2:54:13 PM EDT
[#12]
looks like we lost KahrGirlhinking.gif
Link Posted: 9/26/2008 3:29:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Yep. Not signed in for two months.
Link Posted: 9/27/2008 5:44:32 AM EDT
[#14]
I sent KahrGirl an email, she reports the middle of October is the new ship date.
Link Posted: 9/29/2008 2:34:21 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I sent KahrGirl an email, she reports the middle of October is the new ship date.

she told me the same thing..
Link Posted: 9/29/2008 3:30:01 PM EDT
[#16]
well i hope she is right I want a P380 bad
Link Posted: 11/25/2008 5:59:04 AM EDT
[#17]
any updates with this, i could not find anything online about the release date.
Link Posted: 12/5/2008 11:39:52 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

From www.kahr.com:
Due to unprecedented demand for Kahr pistols, Thompson firearms and high-capacity Thompson magazines the Kahr P380 has been delayed for approx. 30 more days. We expect to start to ship limited quantities in December.

Realistically, it will be after SHOT in January.

Link Posted: 12/5/2008 12:06:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

From www.kahr.com:
Due to unprecedented demand for Kahr pistols, Thompson firearms and high-capacity Thompson magazines the Kahr P380 has been delayed for approx. 30 more days. We expect to start to ship limited quantities in December.

Or maybe spring!!
Link Posted: 12/5/2008 2:28:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

From www.kahr.com:

Or maybe spring!!

NOT BUYING THAT KAHR memo in their web site either.  they should  have never introudced this P380 untill it was good to go.  Now we are almost one year later and no P380. I have now kinda lost some of the desire for the P380. I certainly won't be beating the bushs when it finaly comes out to find one. If I stumble across one at a decent price I will buy it, other than that my PM9 seems to be perfect for me.

Very dissapointed in Kahr with this P380 stuff. Everyone and myself included has said keep um until they are right, but we will never know if they are indeed right or not if the shooting public can't get their hands on them to give them the real test. I just got tired of writing Kahr girl and being told, shipping in October,  then Mid november, then Dec. 1st. now next year..oh well such  is life..

Link Posted: 12/15/2008 7:06:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Sheesh......I started this thread back in July, and still nothing.

I have been neutral on Ruger products, but in their defense at least they announce a new product without several months in delay in production.  Yes, I saw the worthless article in the G&A magazine, but I never see the mainstream magazines never point out negatives on any test they conduct.

Kahr needs to realize that most of us working stiffs cannot wait un-told months, after numerous promises and less than honest statements, for a product to arrive for the end users.

Despite the recall (and quick turn-around times as reported by actual owners) my money has been allocated to the LCP to fill the sub-compact .380 void.

Link Posted: 12/16/2008 6:58:36 AM EDT
[#22]

I have been neutral on Ruger products, but in their defense at least they announce a new product without several months in delay in production.

And promptly recall them...

Kahr needs to realize that most of us working stiffs cannot wait un-told months, after numerous promises and less than honest statements, for a product to arrive for the end users.

Why not? Extended lead times should actually work in the "working stiff's" favor, as it gives him more time to save up for the day when product actually becomes available. And it's not just Kahr that prematurely announces product release dates – the whole "two more weeks" thing is industry-wide. Ruger's "surprise" release of the SR9 and LCP were exceptions to the usual rule of "advertise for 6 months to a year, then send out industry samples to the trade press, then start trickling out small numbers to distributors."

And at the shop where I work part-time, we haven't been able to get enough LCPs to actually stock them; the few we get in fits and starts (3 one week, none the next couple, then 1, then 2, then 4 more, then nothing) are all going to guys on our waiting list who have paid in full. Releasing a product "on time" means nothing if you can't produce enough to meet demand.

Page Handguns » Kahr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top