Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/10/2006 7:26:56 PM EDT
I just bought a Bianchi Accumold belt holster for my full size 9MM.  It works fine, but with some pants the belt loops limit where I can place the holster (too far in front or behind).  Would I be better off with a paddle?
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 2:55:06 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't like paddle holsters myself and use leather Bianchi OWB in slide/pancake versions and generally you can get it placed properlly about 95% of the time.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 3:09:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Paddle-wise, I find the Serpa from Blackhawk a whole lot more comfortable than a Fobus one.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 3:22:28 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Paddle-wise, I find the Serpa from Blackhawk a whole lot more comfortable than a Fobus one.

and the paddle attachmnet seems to hold the serpa holster closer to the body than the belt attachment.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 3:26:31 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't really care for paddle holsters.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 3:31:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Paddle holsters are bad in a weapons retention situation!  Maybe one like Kramer's MSP paddle that also has a loop, but they are too easy to rip-off the waistline, or even worse break off as the Fobus is known to do!
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 4:26:31 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm not a big fan of paddle holsters either.    I've had the wife move belt loops before so my pancake will ride where I want it.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 10:12:42 PM EDT
[#7]
I dont like paddle holsters. I tried one out for a while and sold it and bought a standard galco belt holster
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 11:22:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Like every holster, a paddle is a compromise. Perhaps more so than some. They excell in certain issues, primarily ease of removal and donning. If this suits your needs, that is the way to go. If that is not a requirement, it is likely you are better served with something a bit more securely anchored to your person.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top