Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/17/2004 2:07:01 PM EST
At last I have selected my first 1911 should be here by next week

My question is, what paddle holster is the MOST comfortable, best scratch resistant as the receiver is coated and it has the Dawson front sight so it has to clear the front sight.

While this won’t be my every day CCW weapon, I want to have a nice holster when I do.
Please opine
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 2:14:21 PM EST
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 3:02:49 PM EST
I had an uncle mikes kydex quick release. It was good stuff.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 3:23:42 PM EST
Comp-tac for kydex.

Have no experience with a leather paddle.

good luck
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 10:06:20 PM EST
I don't have any paddle experience. The security of leather loops fit to a good belt has always worked great for me.

But, in the interest of inquiring minds, once you settle on your paddle holster for your 1911 and have a good month or so of carrying it all day- Please post a report on if it works great, pretty good, not great, etc.
I'm not switching from my Milt Sparks VM2. I just like to hear honest opinions regarding guns and their accessories.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 6:46:07 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/18/2004 6:46:34 AM EST by V-Rod]

Originally Posted By Lumpy196:
For me, paddle holsters and 1911s just dont mix.

Ive never been impressed with paddle holsters, let alone when you are carrying a heavy all steel gun. Way too much squirm and way too little retention in my opinion.

I agree Lump, but I want a easy on/off holster, plus its 30oz so its a little lighter than most heavy weights 1911

please provide links if you can

Link Posted: 10/18/2004 9:30:58 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/18/2004 10:56:34 AM EST by PolyTechKID]
I tried the fobus 1911 paddle last week. I wasn't impressed with the way it held the gun. The problem is that its made to fit most of the many different 1911s out there and there is just too much play for some guns. I do have to say that I have a paddle for my G17 and it is awsome and it fits the pisto perfectly and carrys very nice and the draw is real quick.

On a side note, I picked up a Bianchi auto retention holster for my 1911 and it is awsome. Its the best of both worlds, nice leather and a positive feel for retention like the kydex hosters. Also has possible protection against being disarmed. 84 snap lock Its about halfway down the page
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 12:30:24 PM EST

Originally Posted By V-Rod:

please provide links if you can

If you are going kydex, Blade-Tech will make it custom at about $60. I'd have reservations about true custom make in the case of a 1911, so I'd call in and give the exact make and model to be re-assured. Two friends of mine praise them highly and use them for concealed carry. I myself can't vouch for them from experience.
If you are going leather, I'd browse the names of quality to find what looks best.
Top Top