Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Page Handguns » Kahr
Site Notices
12/6/2019 7:27:02 PM
Posted: 12/10/2013 6:03:07 PM EST
I own a P9 and a P45. The trigger is the best thing on both. All I ask for is more capacity.

Who makes a high capacity/double stack pistol that has the similar ergonomics, dimensions (excluding the width of the frame) and the most important part, the trigger.

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 3:02:25 PM EST
Sorry, no one does.
The Kahr has a rather unique trigger and frame design that's not like anything else.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:13:48 PM EST
[Last Edit: 12/11/2013 6:15:39 PM EST by GGGBeo50]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By dfariswheel:
Sorry, no one does.
The Kahr has a rather unique trigger and frame design that's not like anything else.
View Quote

Well if there is Santa Claus who happens to be a Kahr engineer out there eavesdropping:

For Christmas one year, I would like a double stack P9, 17 rounds would be ideal, trijicon or novak night sights, Bi-tone all in a tiny little Kahr Arms black case with your interior soft felt and an additional fitted threaded barrel to go on the side. I'll leave the thread pitch choice to the pros.

You bet your ass I would trade 10 of my favorite crispy new 100 dollars bills with the mesmerizing hologram on them for something like what I described above. After all, Santa works hard too.

I would sell all my Sigs too if that would help you sleep better about your decision.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 5:51:16 AM EST
Ergonomics and dimensions are vastly different, but in terms of the trigger- the best trigger aside from Kahr that I have ever come across on any semi-auto was on the Sig 250's I have checked out. DA-only, long like the Kahr, but very smooth. Not like other Sigs.

People seem to either love or hate the 250. But if you can find one and check it out, maybe you'll be interested.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:12:27 AM EST
Originally Posted By AH74:
Ergonomics and dimensions are vastly different, but in terms of the trigger- the best trigger aside from Kahr that I have ever come across on any semi-auto was on the Sig 250's I have checked out. DA-only, long like the Kahr, but very smooth. Not like other Sigs.

People seem to either love or hate the 250. But if you can find one and check it out, maybe you'll be interested.
View Quote

I have a couple sig 1911's and a P229. I will have to check that out, thank you.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 9:00:30 AM EST
I always thought the Kahr "T" series was going to be Kahr's run on the police duty pistol market.
I figured they'd develop a version with a double stack mag, but for some reason they never did.
They seem to be dedicated to the CCW market, and it's hard to fault them for that.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:05:12 PM EST
Originally Posted By dfariswheel:
I always thought the Kahr "T" series was going to be Kahr's run on the police duty pistol market.
I figured they'd develop a version with a double stack mag, but for some reason they never did.
They seem to be dedicated to the CCW market, and it's hard to fault them for that.
View Quote

I agree, but adaptability and muscle memory is very important. If I could train on just one system, I would be set for all situations. This is why I own several ARs .
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 11:44:40 AM EST
I really doubt Kahr will ever make a double stack gun. Their entire company and business plan are built on compact and sub compact carry guns and I don't see that changing. I may be wrong but I don't see them reaching into the already overcrowded market of full size, high capacity, polymer pistols.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 12:13:40 PM EST
Originally Posted By SchlaffTablett:
I really doubt Kahr will ever make a double stack gun. Their entire company and business plan are built on compact and sub compact carry guns and I don't see that changing. I may be wrong but I don't see them reaching into the already overcrowded market of full size, high capacity, polymer pistols.
View Quote

I suppose I understand. All I am asking for is one model.

Oh and I handled the P250 yesterday, same trigger style, but not as light and it gets tight right at the end. Closest I have found though. Thanks.
Page Handguns » Kahr
Top Top