Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 7/19/2008 2:40:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/19/2008 2:41:35 PM EDT by PersecutionSmith]
Hey folks
I picked up a new P-3AT yesterday, and was gonna go shoot it tomorrow.
I sat down to clean it before shooting, and I noticed that the finish on the slide is really rough. It looks like it had been rusted to the point of pitting, and then cleand up and reblued.
I also noticed 2 small cracks on the very front edge of the ejection port that look like they go completely through the slide (from top to bottom).

Is this standard for Kel-Tec, or did i just get a weird one?
I am gonna call KT on monday, but was just wondering if the rough finish was something to be expected with these or not.

Thanks!!
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 5:22:33 PM EDT
How about posting some pics?

The sides of the slide retain the semi-finish they get as part of the bar stock, but no operations are performed on them by Kel-Tec IIRC. As a result, they sometimes have little imperfections, pits, etc. (but not rust or rust related issues) from the box.

The cracks don't sound normal at all.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 5:35:21 PM EDT
I dont have a camera to take pics, but upon closer inspection, there are 2 very definite cracks that are about the width of a piece of paper and abou 1/16" long.
I am not worried too much about the finish, i am sure it will get much worse bangin around in my pocket, but i hear KT has really good customer service.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 5:43:11 PM EDT
call kel-tek and send it back
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 10:09:49 PM EDT
Yes, their service is the best you will find.

HERE is how to save a few $$ on shipping.
Top Top