Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/4/2002 11:14:52 PM EDT
I just bought a post war P-38 at the last gun show for $329. Afterwards I saw a bunch of ads in Shotgun News, etc. of P-38s for $269 or so wholesale. These were advertised as ANIB. Mine appears to be NIB but could possibly be ANIB.

Anyone have any info on why these are so cheap now? Police trade-ins, mil-surp, etc.??? I looked at several of these that the dealer had & there were two or three different types of sight set-ups. What's up with that?
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 12:11:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Looks like a flooded market. Kinda like the Makarov flood or the SKS flood before that.  I have never seen any other type of sights on a P-38 unless maybe some later models adopted the P-5 style, which I think had a windage adjustment.
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 1:18:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Sometimes a German police dept trades them in. If so, they will also throw in a holser. I remember seeing these ads in Shotgun News when everybody was switching to Glocks.
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 2:44:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Just got a paper today that has 'em for $219.97 in excellent to new condition...its a flood! These P-1 versions were "held in storage" by the German military and does come with a holster.  www.centerfiresystems.com
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 9:43:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Yep, mine came with a cheap East German $5 holster. Anyone have any idea what I can expect on accuracy? 2-3" @ 25 yards, maybe? Or is that hoping for too much? I picked the one with the best SA trigger feel. It is nice for a "cheap" gun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top