Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/18/2002 10:51:21 AM EDT
Just bought a P 226 (my first handgun) which I love.  I have been having one minor problem however.  Occasionally slide does not remain open after firing last round, so I think I have another round in the chamber, pull trigger, gun goes click.  Seems to happen more frequently with one brand of ammunition than another.  Also only happens occasionally now that I've put a couple of hundred rounds through it.  Did gun just need to be broken in?
Link Posted: 12/18/2002 10:59:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Check the position of your thumb.
Many times, your thumb will accidentally rest on the release lever and hold it down.

Other than that, it could be weak mag springs.
Link Posted: 12/18/2002 11:25:08 AM EDT
[#2]
The guns do break in over the first 1000 rounds or so, but 99.99999999999% of the time, what you describe is your right thumb as said above.
Link Posted: 12/18/2002 12:03:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the prompt reply.  I do keep my thumb near the release lever, so I'll try to be more conscious of what I do and see if it helps.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top