Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/5/2003 4:20:21 PM EDT
I read that Sig is still making their P-210, is this true?

Does anyone ever see them for sale anywhere, gunshows, etc?
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 5:24:52 AM EDT
[#1]
I believe they are. Last time I checked, they had about 4 different models available.

Have you checked www.gunsamerica.com for any being sold?
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 6:03:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Bob

Still made and still great. There was a whole flock of surplus LE ones that came in recently so the chances of finding one is pretty good.
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 5:42:17 PM EDT
[#3]
P-210s were used by LE????????????? Why, given what was available?
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 5:19:47 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
P-210s were used by LE????????????? Why, given what was available?

Europe. It was actually a fairly common LE issue in Scandinavia. It's a nice, accurate, reliable, single action pistol. Why not carry it?
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 10:24:09 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Europe. It was actually a fairly common LE issue in Scandinavia. It's a nice, accurate, reliable, single action pistol. Why not carry it?

Single stack mag in 9mm would seem to be perhaps less than ideal, IMO.

Given its tight fitting & close tolerances, I'd guess it'd be a bit succeptable to dirt & the elements affecting its function?

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the P-210, I wish I could afford one. But given a choice between the P-210 & P-226, the P-226 wins hands down for a LE gun, IMO.
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 2:33:36 PM EDT
[#6]
have to figure when it was designed , used as a LE pistol for years because of it's ease to shoot and function and fit, also 9mm was fine for years since that was a common round in europe
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 5:53:04 PM EDT
[#7]
I know the 9mm history in Europe, thanks. So why carry a P-210 when you had a HP or a P-226 available? Double stack beats the hell out of a single stack for LE, IMO.
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 6:22:48 PM EDT
[#8]
well the former LE models that are coming in are from the 60's era , when the germans and a few other countires were useing walther P1 (P38) to outfit cops, the 226, 228, 229, 220 didn't come along till later as you most likely know. the P210 was originally designed in 1947 , so i wasn't trying to be snotty when i was pointing out the 9mm in europe point, figure in 1947 you were either going to shoot a revolver in 38 or something close or, some odd little 7.65 mm thing, 9mm or .45 acp, and we all know the story of how europe doesn't like the .45 acp a whole lot. and presto changeo the rest is history
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 2:27:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Most of the cops in 1960's Europe were carrying things like single stack .380s and .32s.  Walther specifically developed the 9x18 Ultra (not Makarov, different round) in the PP to "upgun" police with a more powerful cartridge.  Most European police didn't go to 9mm until terrorism got going over there in the 70's.

Standard issue for many countries is still the Sig P220 in 9mm (yup, single stack 9mm).  I can't think anyone would be poorly armed with a P225 either (another single stack, standard issue German police sidearm).  I'd carry a P-210 in a heartbeat over a Walther PP in 9mm Ultra.  I can see the logice in carrying more rounds if possible, but I see the logic in carrying a single-stack 9mm over a single stack .32 or .380 as well.

Ross

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top