Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/22/2005 6:03:29 AM EDT
I am getting a new PX4 for christmas and would like to know what this conversion is.

Here is a link showing you how to do this change..........

I think I am stupid, I cant put this together.

I have handled one (actually it is home right now under the shoes that she thinks I havent found), I fondled
one at a gunshop and I noticed it decocked when the safety was engaged and it stayed down when the safety was dis-engaged.

does the hammer come back up when the safety is dis-engaged...............

I am at a total loss for what it is. please explain the process to me.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 10:00:54 PM EDT
[#1]
On the PX4 F, when you drop the decocker/safety lever the hammer drops and the lever stays down.
You need to manually "flick" it back up before firing.
With the PX4 G when you drop the deccocking/safety lever the hammer drops and the lever automatically flips back up ready to fire.  One less extra step to prepare the weapon to fire.
I did the conversion to my PX4 and I'm very happy with the results.
It took about 20 minutes of my time and I could not be happier.
If you have any additional questions, please let me know.
In a nut shell the PX4G is decocker only.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 6:47:02 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
On the PX4 F, when you drop the decocker/safety lever the hammer drops and the lever stays down.
You need to manually "flick" it back up before firing.
With the PX4 G when you drop the deccocking/safety lever the hammer drops and the lever automatically flips back up ready to fire.  One less extra step to prepare the weapon to fire.
I did the conversion to my PX4 and I'm very happy with the results.
It took about 20 minutes of my time and I could not be happier.
If you have any additional questions, please let me know.

Ooooh........... Thanks so much for that info.

when I open my gift sunday I will be performing those tasks on that same day, my GF will
probably be mad for seeing me hack on it on the first day without at least shooting it first
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 3:15:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Good luck with your conversion.
The steps are very easy to follow.
If you have any questions,  just let me know and I'll help best that I can.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top