Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/18/2003 3:18:56 PM EDT
Has anyone heard if Taurus ever got the bug out of the PT145? I love the feel of that gun and would really like to get one, but if its going to be troubesome, I'd rather skip it.

I know the frame problem is supposed to be fixed, but how about the safety thing?
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 5:19:41 AM EDT
[#1]
the frame problem is supposed to be fixed, i had no idea of the safety thing, but the thing that concernes me the most is the failure to fire that i see common among the pt145, i had one, the father in law has one now, as does a friend of mine, and i repeatedly see times, and a lot of them when the trigger is pulled, and you hear the firing pin snap, but the gun does not fire, a couple mor trigger pulls results in a fire, finally, this is with good ammo, and many different brands of it

so whats with the safety thing?
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 8:15:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Due to its size, I would guess it's meant to be carried much more that fired...compared to a full size 1911 over the long term.
Flashing back to the wonderful Star PD .45 pistol, I think such was the case.
avengeusa, one thing to check is the firing pin channel, or at least flush it out, as most folks do not include it in the normal cleaning routine. Any debris can retard movement of the firing pin, causing misfires.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 7:05:14 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
the frame problem is supposed to be fixed, i had no idea of the safety thing, but the thing that concernes me the most is the failure to fire that i see common among the pt145, i had one, the father in law has one now, as does a friend of mine, and i repeatedly see times, and a lot of them when the trigger is pulled, and you hear the firing pin snap, but the gun does not fire, a couple mor trigger pulls results in a fire, finally, this is with good ammo, and many different brands of it

so whats with the safety thing?

Does anyone know what was causing the firing pin problem?  I had it and sent the pistol back, which they fixed, but they didn't put a note or an invoice in the box stating what work they did.

The gunshop guy accused me of not cleaning it properly.  I politely told him that wasn't the problem when I really wanted to tell him to go "F" himself.  

Any answers around here?
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 8:56:45 AM EDT
[#4]
I've heard that it isn't 100% reliable with some ammunition. Most people that have them suggest that you test different brands of ammo to see what works best.

I doubt that is the case with yours as they semm to have been able to fix it. I'd guess there was something wrong with the fireing pin or there was too stiff of a spring installed on it.

The safty will apparently allow the gun to fire with the safty out of the `fire' position. Not enough to allow it to fire when its anywhere near `safe', but it will shear the safty lever off. Seems like something they could fix easy enough, but it would be an annoyance. The frame issue was much more troubleing.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 7:45:42 PM EDT
[#5]
I have one, I have only shot mine about 300 rounds but never have had a misfire.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 7:21:54 AM EDT
[#6]
SAME HERE HAD MINE 3YEARS 600 PLUS ROUNDS NO MISFIRES AT ALL ???????
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top