Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/20/2008 11:24:08 AM EDT
I've had quite a love hate relationship with my PT145.  It likes to light strike way too often.  

But, now I have discovered a new issue.  I was dry-firing it last night, and when I draw, I snap off the safety, and then have my thumb resting on the safety, 1911 style.  Well, that prevents the trigger from resetting!  In fact, any pressure at all on the safety prevents the trigger from resetting.

So, at this point I'm about to go sell the gun to the gun store and put the money towards either a CZ Rami 9mm or upgrades to my 1911-A1.  But, I thought I'd ask here first if anyone else is experiencing this problem with their PT145.

(My PT is one of the Mil Pro's with the rail.)
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 1:06:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Had a PT145.  Thought it was the shit.  Fit the hand well, 10+1 round capacity, small profile.

Kept having trigger linkage problems where it would stop resetting the trigger.  Sent it back to Taurus twice.  Sold it after it returned the second time.

I wanted to love the pistol, but it was not reliable enough to stake my life on it.
Link Posted: 8/7/2008 6:59:59 PM EDT
[#2]
I have one and I hate it. Mine has been back to the factory twice to be fixed. I also have the same problem with it not resetting along with it constantly jamming. I should sell mine but I would feel bad for whoever bought it.
Link Posted: 8/7/2008 7:13:06 PM EDT
[#3]
I haven't decided on what to do with mine yet.  I've heard too many stories about sending them off, only to have them come back months later with the same, or even new, problems.  I would also feel guilty about selling it, especially since it's an obvious CCW type gun.  If I do get rid of it, I'll replace it with a Glock 30.  I might just take it to one of the big stores, cabela's or bass pro, and trade it in there...I'd still feel guilty about it though....I dunno.  I really like the idea of a 10 round subcompact .45 though.
Link Posted: 8/16/2008 6:50:48 PM EDT
[#4]
I've had my PT145 for a bit over a year, about 600rnds through it, all flawless. My buddy got the same gun and his was bad from the start. I feel lucky that it is working for me so well, sad to hear about so many others having problems with it. It is a highly accurate, very small, high capacity 45caliber CCW gun, that I still carry in place of my Glock 38 when I want to go out in a light t-shirt/short combo during the summer.

I put on a Hogue overgrip and it fits my hands like a glove. Reduced the recoil too.

Link Posted: 9/23/2008 2:34:44 PM EDT
[#5]
No problems with mine, but it was made oct. 07' so maybe they had the bugs worked out by then.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top