Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Kahr
Posted: 9/7/2005 10:34:44 AM EDT
Just bought the PM9.  Which ammo behaves the best in this gun for personal defense & target practice?  Took it apart several times & cleaned the little pocket rocket & I'm off to the range to break it in this week.  Disassembly was a bit stout, but easy to understand.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 9:52:13 PM EDT
[#1]
use 9mm luger, that's the ammo that it's made for...... and i find it works best    :)

anyway, i have run various ammo through it and it took it all.

i made a decision to only feed it the speer gold dot since even if it is only slight, there will be no difference in non target point of impact.

but what i am really posting to tell you is pay attention to the recoil spring.
no fooling there is a right way and a wrong way to install it.
read the book (again).

i assume you went to the range this past weekend and hope everything went well with you/it.

good luck,
uwp
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 6:37:59 PM EDT
[#2]
The Kahr did just fine with Winchester white box.  I understand about the recoil spring.  I ordered some Gold Dot SB ammo for carry.  I'm amazed at its small size.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 5:29:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Hey Glox, would you like to share some pictures? Did you get the Stainless finish or the black finish?
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 3:44:42 PM EDT
[#4]
I use the 115 grain Winchester wb "Personal Defense" JHP you can find at Wal-Mart to carry in my PM9.

Very accurate and controllable out of the gun.   Good hollow point design.  Loaded a little hot.

I would definitely test the Gold Dots out of the gun before relying on it for carry ammo.   Heard about feed problems from others on the net with the 124 grain.   Magazine tests also seem to rate the Gold Dots the least accurate out of the PM9.

Link Posted: 9/19/2005 5:32:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Page Handguns » Kahr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top