Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/25/2006 2:14:05 PM EDT
Okay, here's my first post ever on this site and it may run on as I have a few questions.

I've been searching the web for ever to find some very particular holsters for my issue pistol and personally owned handguns and have either run into too much info or none what so-ever. After some reading, the regulars here seem to be more knowledgeable and helpful than other places.

I am a helicopter technician in the Canadian Air Force (yes, we do have a small but good Air Force) and our service pistol is the Browning Hi Power. During over-seas and home operations, I found that our standard cruddy issue holster was of no use what so-ever. If you are lucky you may get issued a Bianchi "M" or "UM" series holster, with or without a shoulder harness. Enough is enough and I'm buying my own.

Due to our type of  job, we are required to move from a vehicle or flight in a helo where a thigh rig is cumbersome and inaccessible, to guard duty wearing a frag vest and LBV, making a shoulder rig uncomfortable.

Here are my questions and requirements:

1. The Bianchi holster rig I saw a friend issued came with all attachments to make 1 holster into a thigh rig, belt, chest harness and horizontal or vertical underarm harness (4 systems in 1 holster). Has anyone had experience with this system or can recommend another tactical system that can perform the same functions?

2. The Safariland 6004 seems to be highly recommended. Can this model or any of their other models perform same 4 position functions as above.?

3. Will one holster fit my personal Glock 17 and service Browning so I don't have to buy 2 separate units.

4. There doesn't seem to be many holsters out there for Walther P99's. Anyone recommend a good tactical and "dress" (black leather) holsters that have the same 4 system options as the Bianchi for a P99? Many moon's ago I ordered a holster from U.S Cavalry magazine advertised as the Israeli Mossad holster for my brothers PPK. It came with a shoulder harness and is an excellent high quality rig that allows for vertical and angled belt and underarm set-up. It is too small to fit the larger P99's.

So, that's my long story. I would appreciate any help that you can give.

Cheers from the frigid great white north.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:41:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 12:37:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info. I'll keep checking back to see what others suggest.
I may be reaching high to try and find a one-size fits all system, but less money spent on gear is more money for ammo.  :)

Thanks again
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top