Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/24/2007 4:38:40 PM EDT
I have a p99 9mm that i have had for a few years. I bought it brand new, and it was great looking. now after one or two thousand rounds and a year + of it being stored up the QPQ finish on the slide has gotten worse. The slide itself has darkened, got little black specs all over. and the whole slide is getting darker almost like a deep dark grey. I have tried several gun cleaning and metal polishes and none have even come close to working. Does anyone know how to make it bright and shiny again like it originally was.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 5:44:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Sorry, this is why they discontinued the finish.

U can always hard chrome it like I did - it will look similiar...

Visit: ps90forum.com
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 6:05:58 AM EDT
[#2]
This is the first time I heard this about a QPQ.....
It is common for the Titanium coated P99's to get spots and stuff like this but not the QPQ........
Tell you the truth... as much as I like Ships hardchromed P99's I wouldn't do it to a QPQ.... no longer made and many would give their last shirt for one in 9mm......
anyhow... call Earls repairservice and ask him what you can do..... he is a great guy to talk to and will be able to help you out......

http://www.carlwalther.com/page2.htm

don't get discouraged by his webiste prices.... he will talk to you at no charge :D
and IMHO he is THE MAN when it comes to Walther's
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top