Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/26/2007 7:48:34 AM EDT
So there was a gun show here last saturday and i got sold on one of these. whats the good and the bad before i lay out the $200 bucks. thanks
Jon

Update:
so i bought it and i got a smoken deal. $200 total for all this:
Link Posted: 9/26/2007 7:55:11 AM EDT
[#1]
I would jump on it for $200...I paid about $250 or so for mine.

I love it as many here do....you will get mixed reviews, but good for the most part.

It is new? If not, make sure it is not the first generation as more problems are associated with them (so I've heard here)

Kel-tec has great customer service and will take great care of you if anything happens to it in the future.
Link Posted: 9/26/2007 7:59:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/26/2007 8:05:51 AM EDT
[#3]
i know a few folks who have one

for the most part, they are happy w/ em

recoil on em is managable and its an ok BUG sized auto; h/w, i've seen a couple that had thier problems--FTFeeds mostly; also, ammo selection tends to be pretty picky and most JHPs fail to feed properly

one did develop a FTEjct properly, but it turns out that the ejector was lost during takedown (common place if one is not paying attention to it); keltec, sent a new part, free of charge--great CS

Link Posted: 9/26/2007 8:17:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/26/2007 8:18:28 AM EDT
[#5]
i have two.  the first one runs 100% with ball ammo and 100% with hydrashocks.  other hp bullets are more hit or miss but i would say even then it's 99%.  1 in 100 jam.  it's a great gun and even with the primitive sights i can get good hits at 25 yds.

the other one came from the factory with a hammer issue.  during firing the hammer will fall from half cock.  so it's going back to be fixed.

the problems with FTF and FTE are due to the gun not having lots of TLC at the factory and a "fluff and buff" procedure will fix the issue.  

i would highly recommend them.  they fit in your pocket and you can take them anywhere.  how man guns will let you CHL at a public pool?  
Link Posted: 9/26/2007 8:21:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Got one in my pocket right now in a Desantis pocket holster.

It's a 1st generation one and I had some feeding problems initially.  I performed the fluff and buff and it's been fine since.  

I now have about 300 rounds through it.  It ain't the most fun to shoot...but it works.
Link Posted: 9/26/2007 6:14:32 PM EDT
[#7]
I have one and two friends have one each as well.

Never had a failure to  feed with Gold Dots, Hydroshocks, FAE FMJ, WWB FMJ or WWB Truncated Cone.

One buddy has fired Golden Sabers, Gold Dots, WWB FMJ and WWB TC without issue as well. Again, no issues.  The other guy didn't have much time to fire it before he deployed, I just know he like it.

And it is fun to shoot, for the first couple of magazines.  Then it's not so fun anymore.

Avoid the Gen 1 guns, they were hit or miss on reliability.  The Gen 2 ejector design seems to have cured the problem though.  $200 might be hard though. Around here $240 is  a pretty fair price, though I know these things vary in different parts of the country.
Link Posted: 9/26/2007 6:30:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Buy it for the $200 and send it back to Kel-Tec if there is any kind of problem.

I just picked one up for $200 on the EE and have been VERY pleased with it.   I cant hit shit with it beyond 10 meters but that's another story altogether.
Link Posted: 9/26/2007 7:16:01 PM EDT
[#9]
except for the rough trigger, they're good guns. i have one and although i've had some probelms with it, it's getting more reliable every time i take it out.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 8:12:52 PM EDT
[#10]
bump for the pic
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 10:20:05 AM EDT
[#11]
That is a great deal!

Congrats on the purchase.  My P3AT is the one gun I absolutely have with me all the time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top