Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/5/2005 10:46:49 AM EDT
I've had my P3AT for about 8 months now. Last weekend I was putting a few rounds through it after I did little fluff and buff to the pistol, to see if I could get it to work more reliably. After about 30 rounds my hammer spring broke (doh!). Sunday I emailed Kel-tec, and told them what happened. Monday they responded saying if I felt comfortable they would just ship me the pieces. So I gave them my addy and as of today (friday) the spring, plus a new hammer, and a few other pieces were here. They gave me a lot more parts than I needed, but I'm not complaining about that at all. Pistol seems to be in working condition (gotta go test fire it to find out).

My only complaint is that kel-tec said they'd ship me some instructions on how to replace the stuff, but they never did. It woulda saved me a half an hour if I wasn't trying to figure out how everything went back together. All is well I believe, since it seems to be working again. Not a bad experience with their customer service at all.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 10:05:16 AM EDT
Sounds like you did ok. Glad to hear you got it back together.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 10:27:41 AM EDT
Seems to work, I can at least shoot 15 rounds out of her without too many problems. (thats as good as its ever been.) I only keep 14 rounds when I carry, so that'll do me alright.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 10:35:55 AM EDT
I'd want a carry gun to be MUCH more reliable than that!

Did you ever have Kel-Tec fix the extractor? I had them do that to mine, and it's functioned fine since.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 1:13:31 PM EDT
When I was testing out the cor bons (my carry round) I get at least 30 rounds out before I have any problems. These things are so picky about the ammo I use. I can shoot any round 15 times before problems. Twice that much with my carry ammo. That's good enough for me.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 3:56:59 PM EDT
I bought my P38T A couple of weeks ago. I took it to the range for the first time and brought it home to clean it. When I was putting it back together I shot the giude rod and the two recoil springs across the garage into a place that would have been a huge PITA to get them. I emailed Kel Tec and asked what the new parts would cost and they emailed me back saying they would ship them out free of charge. I had then in like four days!

Now thats what I call customer service!

P.S. I love my little carry gun!
Top Top