Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/5/2005 10:46:49 AM EDT
I've had my P3AT for about 8 months now.  Last weekend I was putting a few rounds through it after I did little fluff and buff to the pistol, to see if I could get it to work more reliably.  After about 30 rounds my hammer spring broke (doh!).  Sunday I emailed Kel-tec, and told them what happened.  Monday they responded saying if I felt comfortable they would just ship me the pieces.  So I gave them my addy and as of today (friday) the spring, plus a new hammer, and a few other pieces were here.  They gave me a lot more parts than I needed, but I'm not complaining about that at all.   Pistol seems to be in working condition (gotta go test fire it to find out).

My only complaint is that kel-tec said they'd ship me some instructions on how to replace the stuff, but they never did.  It woulda saved me a half an hour if I wasn't trying to figure out how everything went back together.  All is well I believe, since it seems to be working again.  Not a bad experience with their customer service at all.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 10:05:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like you did ok.  Glad to hear you got it back together.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 10:27:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Seems to work,  I can at least shoot 15 rounds out of her without too many problems.  (thats as good as its ever been.)  I only keep 14 rounds when I carry, so that'll do me alright.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 10:35:55 AM EDT
[#3]
I'd want a carry gun to be MUCH more reliable than that!

Did you ever have Kel-Tec fix the extractor? I had them do that to mine, and it's functioned fine since.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 1:13:31 PM EDT
[#4]
When I was testing out the cor bons (my carry round) I get at least 30 rounds out before I have any problems.  These things are so picky about the ammo I use.  I can shoot any round 15 times before problems.  Twice that much with my carry ammo.  That's good enough for me.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 3:56:59 PM EDT
[#5]
I bought my P38T A couple of weeks ago.  I took it to the range for the first time and brought it home to clean it.  When I was putting it back together I shot the giude rod and the two recoil springs across the garage into a place that would have been a huge PITA to get them.  I emailed Kel Tec and asked what the new parts would cost and they emailed me back saying they would ship them out free of charge.  I had then in like four days!

Now thats what I call customer service!

P.S. I love my little carry gun!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top