Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Posted: 12/15/2003 11:30:52 AM EDT
Just got a new P3AT & took it to the range to break it in. Overall impression is favorable, decent accuracy, shoots a little left of point of aim with all loads I tried, elevation dead on. Had a few failures to extract, leading to double feeds, with the hotter loads (CorBon, Speer Gold Dot, Hornady XTP), but virtually flawless feeding with Remington UMC FMJ & CCI Blazer 88 gr. HP.

Has anyone else had a problem with failures to extract with the .380? I checked the extractor hook for burrs, could not see any problem, but ran a needle file over the inside curve of the extractor to be on the safe side.

I cleaned the gun before I went to the range, and the FTEs started immediately when I fired the hollowpoints, so I don't think it was caused by the gun being dirty. Unless there is an issue with the cases swelling from the hotter loads, it seems like it would not do it only with hollow points. With the CorBons & the Gold Dots, when it did extract, the ejection was violent, with the fired case being ejected straight back. Since I am left handed, a number of the cases hit me in the forehead or on the cap. Most of the others hit my muffs on the right side.

Before I send the gun back to Kel Tec, I just wanted to see if anyone else was having this problem......
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 4:12:14 AM EDT
I find that I have to fire my 3AT with both hands. If you limp wrist, it can FTE.

Since I have taken the whole gun apart and coated it in CLP, the problems have seemed to stop.

Check out www.ktog.com and you will find out alot of information about Kel-Tec. All in all, I really like my 3AT. It goes just about everywhere with me.
Top Top