Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 8
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 10:01:41 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm not familiar with Sig pricing. Will the Macro be $800 for the next year or two? Wondering if it will go down in price in the future and if I should get it now or later.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 10:03:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I only see the .380 and Macro with that - the 365X still has the sight plate on their website.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The slides with no sight plate and dedicated rear sight was implemented a couple of months ago.  All optic cuts slides have this treatment now.

I only see the .380 and Macro with that - the 365X still has the sight plate on their website.

Just old pictures that need to be updated.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 10:05:23 PM EDT
[#3]
So if we change the caliber to .30 super carry… that’s like a 21-23rd capacity.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 10:47:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

Sweet!
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 10:24:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The slides with no sight plate and dedicated rear sight was implemented a couple of months ago.  All optic cuts slides have this treatment now.

I just ordered a 365X slide from Sig and it still has the sight plate.
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 8:54:56 PM EDT
[#6]
I've talked myself into wanting a macro then talked myself out of a macro for a few days. Stopped by a local shop and they had one sitting there so now it's sitting here.

I sat my XL in Wilson Combat grip module on top of the Macro and the height difference is minimal but the Macro feels much better in my hands. It's luck of the draw, but my Macro trigger is lighter and a bit more crisp than the XL (the XL is has a pretty fantastic stock trigger).
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 9:04:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I've talked myself into wanting a macro then talked myself out of a macro for a few days. Stopped by a local shop and they had one sitting there so now it's sitting here.

I sat my XL in Wilson Combat grip module on top of the Macro and the height difference is minimal but the Macro feels much better in my hands. It's luck of the draw, but my Macro trigger is lighter and a bit more crisp than the XL (the XL is has a pretty fantastic stock trigger).
View Quote

Pics?
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 9:45:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Pics?
View Quote

Terrible pics, as requested

The top down image with the triggers lined up is the most accurate. If the XL magwell was the same angle as the Macro, the height difference would be about as big as the Macro basepad
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 9:27:22 AM EDT
[#9]
With the ability to buy 365s and xls all day long around $500 I’m not seeing $300 more gun here. I’ll probably grab a few 17 rd mags for my xl and wait till the price drops.
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 9:37:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
With the ability to buy 365s and xls all day long around $500 I’m not seeing $300 more gun here. I’ll probably grab a few 17 rd mags for my xl and wait till the price drops.
View Quote

Neither am I. If I decided I wanted one, I'd just wait for the Macro grip module and have the same thing for $250 less other than the small advantage of their comp.
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 9:37:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Terrible pics, as requested https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/158531/20220817_210705-2493110.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/158531/20220817_210406-2493111.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/158531/20220817_210609-2493123.jpg

The top down image with the triggers lined up is the most accurate. If the XL magwell was the same angle as the Macro, the height difference would be about as big as the Macro basepad
View Quote

interesting. it only seems to add length in the hardest to conceal spot. I think this just sold me on NOT getting one, but getting some 17s for reloads with my XL
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 10:07:08 AM EDT
[#12]
For the record, I'd like to put my order in now for a 365X-CA-AXG-LEGION-RXZE.  Thank you.
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 10:49:41 AM EDT
[#13]
I'd prefer a flush-fit 15rd mag in the Macro grip frame. That base pad adds too much.
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 6:12:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Terrible pics, as requested https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/158531/20220817_210705-2493110.jpg

View Quote

@BigGulp - would you mind putting the non-comped XL top end onto the Macro lower and taking a picture? Curious to see how it’d look
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 8:21:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Pics:

And the 17 round mag in the XL grip w/macro slide

Link Posted: 8/19/2022 11:29:29 PM EDT
[#16]
I have a Macro on the way. Any update on holsters in stock? Preferably OWB.
Link Posted: 8/20/2022 1:53:20 AM EDT
[#17]

Thank you sir! I like that much better
Link Posted: 8/20/2022 2:02:42 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

Looks like the macro adds just enough grip to get a full grip.

Have you tried carrying it? How bad does it print. Thanks for the pics. Gonna convert my XL to a macro for winter carry.
Link Posted: 8/20/2022 1:17:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
A few questions that I will try to help with:

Holsters - there are several holster manufacturers that we work closely with that have already launched/or are launching this week, their models for Macro.  Blackpoint Tactical, ANR Designs, etc.  I think places like TREX and others are very close (or maybe already launched, as well).  The thought above about holsters for the TacDev rail is interesting, I hadn't thought of that.  Not 100% if it would work, but worth a shot for anyone who has a holster already.  

Mags and Grip Mods - they are coming.  As always, initial inventory is dedicated to the production of complete firearms.  Mags and grip mods will definitely be available in the near future.  

Slides/Compatibility - The Macro is the same slide as a 365XL.  The comp'd macro slide is the same slide that is on the XL Spectre Comp.  A standard XL slide will definitely fit the macro grip mod.  Same goes for the FCU - same as any other 365.  the new 17rd mags will work in any other 365 pistol.  Once 17rd mags are sold separately, they will come with flush base pads and a sleeve (for use with smaller grip mod pistols), just as the current 12rd and 15rd mags come.  
View Quote
Thank you!

I was planning on buying a P365 FCU as a reward for my new job and building out my perfect EDC to replace the G19. It's what I did with my 320 that I carry for competition.

I think this is going to be a home run and I appreciate the details. It will be the first complete gun I've bought in over a decade.
Link Posted: 8/20/2022 3:11:26 PM EDT
[#20]

Does the macro have a straighter grip angle?
Link Posted: 8/20/2022 3:12:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Is the optics plate held on with screws from the top or those tiny screws from the bottom like to 365X?
Link Posted: 8/20/2022 6:44:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Optics ready version has screws on the top side of the plate not the bottom of the slide.
Link Posted: 8/20/2022 7:21:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Optics ready version has screws on the top side of the plate not the bottom of the slide.
View Quote

That’s a huge improvement.

Link Posted: 8/20/2022 7:23:17 PM EDT
[#24]
I'll ask here. Just picked up my Macro from my ffl today and brought it home to put on the 507k I have for it. When I turned it on, the reticle is way high and right. Should it line up with the front sight? New to red dots on pistols.
Link Posted: 8/20/2022 7:44:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I'll ask here. Just picked up my Macro from my ffl today and brought it home to put on the 507k I have for it. When I turned it on, the reticle is way high and right. Should it line up with the front sight? New to red dots on pistols.
View Quote

You'll need to use the adjustment knobs. You can lollypop the dot on top of the front sight. But you'll need to hit the range and zero the dot independently of the irons.
Link Posted: 8/20/2022 8:33:57 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

You'll need to use the adjustment knobs. You can lollypop the dot on top of the front sight. But you'll need to hit the range and zero the dot independently of the irons.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks, I figured the adjustments would do it, just wanted to make sure I wasn't doing anything wrong
Link Posted: 8/22/2022 1:41:52 AM EDT
[#27]
Can someone explain to me how this thing is priced around $800 where the 365 Spectre comp is priced around $400 more?
Link Posted: 8/22/2022 3:28:12 AM EDT
[#28]
Custom works, Gold TiN, laser stippled grip and the extra slide cuts?
Link Posted: 8/22/2022 7:27:52 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Custom works, Gold TiN, laser stippled grip and the extra slide cuts?
View Quote

Yup, about $20-$50 in extra bling lol. I agree the pricing doesn't really make sense but their "premium" line stuff has always seemed like a rip-off.
Link Posted: 8/22/2022 1:23:42 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
For the record, I'd like to put my order in now for a 365X-CA-AXG-LEGION-RXZE.  Thank you.
View Quote

This guy gets it.

I'm still a little uncertain of whether I'm in at $800, versus just waiting for a cheap optics-ready P365 to walk from consignment/forum sales into my safe and then modifying that as needed.
Link Posted: 8/22/2022 2:33:02 PM EDT
[#31]
So far, I have 2 XL's and a std 365 with an extra XL slide assy,
the take off grip modules, spare barrel's, RSA's etc.
i dont see changing from my PMM comped XL for daily carry
but expect to pick up a Macro module, hopefully a WC version
with mag's and build a PMM comped XL Macro.
Link Posted: 8/23/2022 12:52:23 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Does the macro have a straighter grip angle?
View Quote

I don't know that the grip angle is straighter, but the added length makes it feel like it does.  I haven't bothered to check any of the other 2 inserts to see how they feel, I believe the medium is the one that was installed from the factory
Link Posted: 8/23/2022 12:54:52 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Have you tried carrying it? How bad does it print. Thanks for the pics. Gonna convert my XL to a macro for winter carry.
View Quote

I'm looking for an appendix holster now so I can check it.  With appendix carry, I don't think it'll print to much compared to the XL.  With the season changing here, I figure worse case the Macro can be my winter carry
Link Posted: 8/23/2022 7:34:26 PM EDT
[#34]
I was close to buying a Spectre Comp slide, but it was going to cost $700 after buying a barrel, too.  The Macro came out and I saw that I could get the whole gun for $800, and it came with the slide features that I wanted from the Spectre comp.  I didn’t give a shit about the slide cuts, milling, and suppressor sights.

I wound up buying a Macro, selling the grip module and mags for $250, and selling my XL for $500.  Voila, the slide I wanted for $50.  Using it with my WC XL grip module.
Link Posted: 8/23/2022 10:47:01 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I'm looking for an appendix holster now so I can check it.  With appendix carry, I don't think it'll print to much compared to the XL.  With the season changing here, I figure worse case the Macro can be my winter carry
View Quote

I went with trex arms side car because they had a lead time of 1-5 days.  Much better than I was seeing elsewhere.  I'm sure I'll try a tier 1 concealed and/or grab a nicer leather holster for it down the road but t.rex seemed like the quickest option.  Had my shipping notification within 36 hours.  Just checked again and currently they say 1-3 weeks lead time just 2 days after I ordered mine.
Link Posted: 8/24/2022 7:40:53 AM EDT
[#36]
I do have a question about the Macro...why can't you release the slide with an empty mag inserted?  We've had 8 of the guns in the shop so far, and on each and every one of them, we have to drop the mag to release the slide.  

We've done the snap cap thing and it works just fine.  But with that empty mag, it just won't release, no matter how hard we push down on the release lever.
Link Posted: 8/24/2022 7:59:57 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I do have a question about the Macro...why can't you release the slide with an empty mag inserted?  We've had 8 of the guns in the shop so far, and on each and every one of them, we have to drop the mag to release the slide.  

We've done the snap cap thing and it works just fine.  But with that empty mag, it just won't release, no matter how hard we push down on the release lever.
View Quote

probably because the mag spring is too strong or the follower it preventing it from happening. My 365xl mags were stiff as hell when I got them new, but have loosened up over time. It's not something I need to do on the regular so I never really worried about it.
Link Posted: 8/24/2022 8:47:30 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

Thank you for posting that. It's not just me. Though even with the mag out, the slide release is ridiculously stiff.
Link Posted: 8/24/2022 8:57:49 AM EDT
[#39]
Does anyone have an x300u and a macro? I want to know how it fits on one.
Link Posted: 8/24/2022 12:51:11 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Does anyone have an x300u and a macro? I want to know how it fits on one.
View Quote

I doubt it does. I couldn't get a TLRHL to fit.

I stuck with a TLR7A
Link Posted: 8/24/2022 4:41:01 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

You just haven't put in the work.. Start doing 50 "thumbs only" push ups a day and you'll be able to get it within a few weeks :)

It's absolutely not just you and I believe the poster above is correct on the mag spring theory.  Ran about 100 rounds 5-10 at a time through mine this weekend and I've been able to drop the slide on an empty mag since but still not easily.
Link Posted: 8/24/2022 7:53:03 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

You’re fighting both a brand new and extremely stiff mag spring and a brand new and relatively stiff recoil spring.
Link Posted: 8/24/2022 10:51:09 PM EDT
[#43]
Are the Sig optics the only ones that for the macro?
Link Posted: 8/24/2022 11:30:08 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Are the Sig optics the only ones that for the macro?
View Quote

Holosun 507k is a direct fit.
Link Posted: 8/24/2022 11:31:43 PM EDT
[#45]
mine should be here tomorrow.
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 12:44:36 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

407K should be as well.
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 9:02:41 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

407K should be as well.
View Quote

RMR?
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 9:52:26 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

407K should be as well.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

407K should be as well.

The new EPS Carry as well, that's what I'm going to put on my XL when the initial rush is over and prices come down a little.
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 10:21:48 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

RMR?
View Quote

nope. Full size RMR should work with a Maple Leaf adapter plate, but it looks like shit. the RMRcc needs a plate but it's less obscene
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 10:27:01 AM EDT
[#50]
I just want that grip module for my P365xl
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top