Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/1/2009 9:15:06 AM EDT
My P230 has a slight gritty spot on DA that I would love to try to polish/smooth out..  I have jewelers rouge and some metal polish and a dremel felt buffer attachment..

is this a DIY job? Any instruction online for removing the P230/232 trigger? I have have googled but did not find any instructions

thanks

Brian
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 9:29:18 PM EDT
[#1]
It can be DIY, but put the Dremel down and back away...

A little rouge/simichrome/flitz/pumice paste can do wonders.  I suggest removing the FCG parts from the frame, generously apply your polish potion and then free-hand lap the bearing points-as in spin the trigger freely on the trigger pivot pin, etc.

Do not remove any metal with a power tool...at this stage, and do not play with parts geometry yet either, or bend springs.  Just artificially wear it in by de-burring it manually.  Thoroughly clean and re-lubricate with a synthetic gun lube of your choice, and poof  ALL DONE!

Plenty of good vids out there will you show you how to disassemble the P230 .380, but I'll talk you through it if you have difficulty.

SIG pistols of German origin respond tremendously to this technique and you'll have a smoother trigger for sure, without compromising safety or reliability.

Regards from a SIG armorer school grad.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top