Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/28/2005 11:30:04 PM EDT
hello,

Just received a P22 for christmas from my future father in-law. pretty neat present if you ask me :)

anyhow.
I am wondering about a few things.hasewhy did they make blued mags anyways?
will those perform as flawlessly as my stainless?

also can i buy the extended magazine butt plate anywhere?
I want to change out my flat one with the extended.

Thanks in advance,
-p22owner
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 12:16:46 PM EDT
[#1]
There is a Sportsman's Warehouse located near me, and they stock P22 10 round magazines, silver.  I bought a used P22 a few months ago, and it came with two blued magazines (which ran like crap, so I don't use them anymore).

The brand new silver mags work great, haven't had a problem with them yet.

I can't help you with the butt plate problem.

Sportsman's Warehouse has 4 stores in AZ: Goodyear, Mesa, Phoenix, and Tucson.
www.sportsmanswarehouse.com/stores_all.htm#az
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 8:38:41 PM EDT
[#2]
sweet,

thanks justin.
do you remember how much they were? with or without the extended butt plate?

thanks again,
-p22owner

p.s. what is your favorite ammo for the p22.what kinds have you tried?
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 11:05:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Not a problem.

They were selling for $16.99 at my local Sportsman's Warehouse.  The ones I came across had the standard, smaller butt plate.  I'm sure you could find the extended floor plates somewhere, though.  

I find that the Federal Game-Shok High Velocity 40 grain Copper-PLated Solid ammo works great.  The Winchester XPERT Hollow Point 36 grain ammo (sold at Wal-Mart) seemed to jam on me a lot.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top