Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/22/2003 4:31:29 PM EDT
I've noticed over on various gun sales boards that the P228 in 9mm Para seems higher in price compared to it's big brothers. I was interested to know the various reasons this might be the case? (popularity, supply and demand, etc.)
 Thanks for your response.
Randy
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 4:16:13 AM EDT
[#1]
For a long time the supply of 228s in the civilian market was limited because they were all going to fill LE and Military contracts. A second reason is that it is a very balanced gun, almost as natural a pointer as the P-35.
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 4:16:27 AM EDT
[#2]
The same as the alternate US service auto, the M-11 may play a part in it.
Not being in the more recent Sig catalogs, just the 229, may be another reason.
Some of the later production runs were dedicated to LEO/Govt. contracts causing the supply/demand situation.
And the stamped slide is lighter on the 228 than the solid 229's, which some say points better.
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 10:04:18 PM EDT
[#3]
They're awfully nice. SOG has them used for $399 with night sights, in their latest flier.
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 8:04:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Shorter bbl. for CC, accurate for range use, balanced.
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 5:43:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Pure unalderated quality...second to none!
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 10:52:04 AM EDT
[#6]
My factory Two-Tone 228 is a beauty. Quality is top notch.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top