Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/24/2005 5:52:29 AM EDT
When was this adopted by the .mil.  Anyone know how I can get my M9's replaced with the M11 in my Company Arms room before we ship out for the Sandbox?
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 9:07:04 AM EDT
[#1]
I found this online:
"On April 23, 1992 the US Army accepted the SIG P228 as the M11 Compact Pistol. (SIGARMS Quarterly Volume 4) During Army reliability tests conducted at the Aberdeen Proving Ground in January 1992, only a single malfunction was experienced in 15,000 rounds among the three P228s submitted for testing. The M11 is available to military police, flight crews, those with hands too small for the larger M9 (Beretta 92F) and those who prefer it, based on availability."

As to how to get one in your unit, try your armory or supply and see if you can get one through that route. Tell them you have small hands
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 7:35:17 PM EDT
[#2]
If you are not on a certain type of flight crew ( Not you regular flight crew but somthing like for a GENERAL )  or a CID agent then you can basicaly hang it up about getting SIG 228's, every normal or regular flight crew only get's the Beretta M-9. I know we tried to get them for our arm's room for deployment to Iraq and that is basicaly what we were told and we were and INFANTRY company.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 5:11:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks so my lowly Engineer Company won't get them.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 5:16:07 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
If you are not on a certain type of flight crew ( Not you regular flight crew but somthing like for a GENERAL )  or a CID agent then you can basicaly hang it up about getting SIG 228's, every normal or regular flight crew only get's the Beretta M-9. I know we tried to get them for our arm's room for deployment to Iraq and that is basicaly what we were told and we were and INFANTRY company.

Yeah, not going to happen.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top