Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/1/2006 12:55:32 PM EDT
While at the local gun shop near Punta Gorda FL. I was handed a P226 and was Told it was there NAVY Model
it had NO Navy Markings
but the guy SWEARS its the real deal

It looks just like a regular P226?

I also asked  if they had a 6920 M4 by Colt and was handed a Colt  but it wasnt a 6920?

I was ready to buy but Left that Gun shop

Link Posted: 11/1/2006 1:10:37 PM EDT
[#1]
The Navy model has a small anchor on the left side of the slide. It doesn't say "Navy" anywhere on it.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 1:46:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah I know the markings

The guy said it was a older model without markings
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 2:13:14 PM EDT
[#3]
hohohoho, ya got to love who fib and embelish......used car salesmen, just the product is different.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 7:43:41 PM EDT
[#4]
If he is that sure of himself get the serial number and call Sig to verify
Link Posted: 11/10/2006 6:50:35 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

All the Navys have a serial number that begins with "NSW" (and there is one variant of that for the overruns).  
Link Posted: 11/12/2006 3:50:52 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

All the Navys have a serial number that begins with "NSW" (and there is one variant of that for the overruns).  

That's not quite true - I believe the ACTUAL ones that were delivered to the Navy had NSW, but there is also a commercial version that has UU.  The easiest way(s) to tell if it's authentic is to look for the NSW serial number, or the Anchor on the slide of the UU versions.
Link Posted: 11/12/2006 7:36:09 AM EDT
[#7]
If I had a nickle for every piece of bad info I have ever received from gunstore owners, clerks, I could quit working.
Link Posted: 11/13/2006 7:48:35 AM EDT
[#8]
"There are three version of the Navy SEAL pistol. The differences are subtle in some regard.

1) NSW serialized P226 was a pistol we released that was identical to the one we build for the SEALs except for the "NSW" serial # prefix. The actual gun they get has a U serial # prefeix. The NSW pistols were also part of a fundraising effort on the part of SIGARMS to raise money for the Special Operations Warrior Foundation. We were able to raise $100,000 plus another $25,000 from the auction of serial # NSW0001. We estimate that SIGforum members accounted for 10% of the pistols purchased. This gun came with a Certificate of Authenticity which has the NSW serial # prefix already printed on the card. We printed extras.

2) Non rail P226 Navy with serial # prefix of U is the actual honest to God gun we have supplied the US Navy SEALs with for several years. No certificate was designed to go with this gun.

3) Railed P226 Navy with serial # prefix of U is the newer version of the SEAL pistol. Very few people know this because we have not really announced it but the Navy ordered about 1,000 P226 pistols with the rail to replace older guns in their armory. I believe they are only ordering railed P226 pistols from that first order to the present. No certificate was designed for this gun.

The original certificate has been placed in some of the pistol boxes that have U serial numbers. This was a mistake - and an obvious one I would think - but one that was made. Having a certificate that reads "NSW" on the serial # line when your gun has a "U" prefix is, well, pointless. The only thing that certificate would authenticate is the fact that somebody placed it in the box. I asked them to stop putting the wrong material in those boxes which they have done. Only the special run of NSW serialized pistols was supposed to have a certificate in it.

Hopefully this clears up the confusion. And don't worry, I am used to having my name spelled wrong. - ERHARDT"

Thanks to Erhardt SiGARMS Director of Marketing posted on SigForum
Link Posted: 11/16/2006 4:41:35 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
"There are three version of the Navy SEAL pistol. The differences are subtle in some regard.

1) NSW serialized P226 was a pistol we released that was identical to the one we build for the SEALs except for the "NSW" serial # prefix. The actual gun they get has a U serial # prefeix. The NSW pistols were also part of a fundraising effort on the part of SIGARMS to raise money for the Special Operations Warrior Foundation. We were able to raise $100,000 plus another $25,000 from the auction of serial # NSW0001. We estimate that SIGforum members accounted for 10% of the pistols purchased. This gun came with a Certificate of Authenticity which has the NSW serial # prefix already printed on the card. We printed extras.

2) Non rail P226 Navy with serial # prefix of U is the actual honest to God gun we have supplied the US Navy SEALs with for several years. No certificate was designed to go with this gun.

3) Railed P226 Navy with serial # prefix of U is the newer version of the SEAL pistol. Very few people know this because we have not really announced it but the Navy ordered about 1,000 P226 pistols with the rail to replace older guns in their armory. I believe they are only ordering railed P226 pistols from that first order to the present. No certificate was designed for this gun.

The original certificate has been placed in some of the pistol boxes that have U serial numbers. This was a mistake - and an obvious one I would think - but one that was made. Having a certificate that reads "NSW" on the serial # line when your gun has a "U" prefix is, well, pointless. The only thing that certificate would authenticate is the fact that somebody placed it in the box. I asked them to stop putting the wrong material in those boxes which they have done. Only the special run of NSW serialized pistols was supposed to have a certificate in it.

Hopefully this clears up the confusion. And don't worry, I am used to having my name spelled wrong. - ERHARDT"

Thanks to Erhardt SiGARMS Director of Marketing posted on SigForum

The above is also what I have heard to be true. Below are some production #'s I've heard thrown around.

The NSW models were a Commemerative Edition of only 1000 produced in non-railed versions, and recently Sig produced 1000 more NSW railed versions.

The U serial numbers were an overrun of non-railed pistols for a Gov. contract. I have heard that only several hundred were released for public sale. (I have one!).

The new civilian railed version has a UU serial number IIRC, I haven't heard any production numbers yet.
Link Posted: 11/25/2006 9:42:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Thanks for the info
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top