Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/23/2003 7:41:37 AM EDT
I was checking on one of my favorite websites that sells gun gear and found they list a 15 round magazine for P226 and P228.  My question is will a P226 magazine fit flush in the P228?
Link Posted: 9/23/2003 9:31:28 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm pretty sure it won't fit flush.
Link Posted: 9/23/2003 10:19:56 AM EDT
[#2]
They fit and function fine, but will not fit flush.

Edited to say that this is so far as factory mags are concerned. I believe someone once made an aftermarket 15rd. mag that would fit flush as well as a 17rd. mag for the 226. OK for range use but stick with factory for carry.
Link Posted: 9/23/2003 11:44:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Word on the street is that if you order a post-ban follower and install it on a standard capacity 228 mag it will give you an additional 2 rounds of capacity. As with all other things, I would test this mod entensively before using it for personal protection or general CCW.
B9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top