Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/27/2002 8:12:20 PM EDT
Has anyone shot or seen this pistol, I am interested in purchasing one.
Link Posted: 8/28/2002 3:52:14 AM EDT
[#1]
It's a great pistol and 357SiG is a fun, but expensive, round. Some of the advantages to the 226 are that you can buy a 40S&W barrel and have two guns in one. If you add the 9mm Barsto barrel, you'll have three calibers from one gun. Other than a barrel change, all other parts, mags and all, will work.
Link Posted: 8/28/2002 5:19:12 AM EDT
[#2]
I already have two other 357 pistols and love the round I get it pretty cheap 160/1000 so I dont think that is to bad.
Thanks
Link Posted: 8/28/2002 5:50:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Other than being a PTA to reload, I really like the 357SIG round.  It certainly feeds and extracts better than the .40SW.  If you want a really accurate 357SIG, get the P226 in .40SW and then send the gun to BarSto to have a 357SIG barrel fitted.  Hell, have them put on a 9mm as well (as a sig_230 suggested).
Link Posted: 9/6/2002 7:31:46 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
It's a great pistol and 357SiG is a fun, but expensive, round. Some of the advantages to the 226 are that you can buy a 40S&W barrel and have two guns in one. If you add the 9mm Barsto barrel, you'll have three calibers from one gun. Other than a barrel change, all other parts, mags and all, will work.

The main spring needs to be changed with the 9mm rnd. The springs for the 40/.357sig are to stiff. It wont cycle right. As for the mags the 40/.357sig mags wont feed 9mm. So you would have to buy new mags also. But still its a good deal a new main spring/gide rod is only about 20$ and new 9mm mags can be found for around 25$. So all in all 50-60$ is a hell of alot cheaper than a whole new gun.
Link Posted: 9/6/2002 8:35:05 AM EDT
[#5]
My P226 in .357 sig is the most accurate pistol I own.  I've had Berettas, Glocks, S&W, and Colts that I owned years before I got my 226, but it outshoot the rest of them right out of the Box.  May just be that it fits my hand better than the rest, but if I could only keep one pistol, this would be it.

You will have so much fun with the .357 that you won't need to switch barrels to the .40  

I have both barrels for my P239, but even in the smaller package I prefer the .357sig.
Link Posted: 9/6/2002 10:31:31 AM EDT
[#6]
I dont want to switch barrels thats all I shoot is 357 sig now I just want it in the P26 with the rail frame.
Link Posted: 9/9/2002 8:22:54 PM EDT
[#7]
It's what I'm wearing right now!  My favorite combination of SIG for carry, and a great shooter.  Seems I read somewhere the railed P226's were an over-run of frames, and not a regular marketed item, but what do I know?
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 5:16:49 AM EDT
[#8]
I saw them at trade show SIG was doing for all the firearms instructors in the state of GA, so I dont know if they carry them all the time or what but he had one on his table.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top