Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/14/2006 6:51:00 PM EDT
well i shoot my 220 a lot and it for some reason it  jams like 3 times a day of going (150 rounds). I clean it every time going and I use high quality and low quality ammo, jammed on both usually. I have 2 mags. I Have the first one it comes with.... made by sig and I have an after market one... it jams on both.

The problem always looks as if the bullet flips while going into the chamber.... like it will be vertically jammed and I just open the slide and let it out.....

so far i love my sig and its accurate (i need to shoot better without jerking it) but it jams even tho jamming isnt hard to fix it gets pesky

thank you
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 8:48:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Does it jam when chambering a round or does it fail to extract the fired round?

If it jams while chambering, I would try a brand spanking new magazine.  

If it fails to eject, I would have a smith check the extractor.

Does your feedramp look smooth, rough, damaged, or otherwise?

ETA:  You wouldn't happen to have CLP or some other lubricant oozing out of every crack and crevice would you?  Someone once brought me their gun on the range and said it kept jamming.  I could have just about cleaned my pistol with all the CLP dripping off of his gun.  Also added another thing for the OP to look at.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 3:31:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Clean the mags and pistol well, blast out the slide with Carbon Blast.  Lube well and try it again.  If it still does it, it may need new mag springs and or a recoil spring.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 11:42:39 AM EDT
[#3]
it jams while chamering a round..... Im look for a new mag to see if it helps... i lube it up every time i go.... i tried adding more lube so ill see if makes a diff. well thanks so far.... ill try it all...

ps- it was bought used for 470$... so it probably was the guys fault b4 me
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 8:32:17 PM EDT
[#4]
five will get you ten that your mag spring is worn out on your factory mag and your aftermarket is a promag.  Get some novak mags from topgunsupply.com, and if that doesn't do it get a new recoil spring from Wolfe, but I bet that if the gun is in fact cleaned and lubed right then your mag springs are worn out.  Never never never buy a promag magazine, they are trash.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 8:41:07 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
five will get you ten that your mag spring is worn out on your factory mag and your aftermarket is a promag.  Get some novak mags from topgunsupply.com, and if that doesn't do it get a new recoil spring from Wolfe, but I bet that if the gun is in fact cleaned and lubed right then your mag springs are worn out.  Never never never buy a promag magazine, they are trash.

ok thanks ill try that.... ya the mag springs do look a little worn out I'll see if a new mag will do it ( i hope)
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 10:34:24 PM EDT
[#6]
You should also be able to buy new springs for your old mags.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top