Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 3/19/2006 1:58:02 PM EDT
First of all I'm not here to trash HK, Actually I love my P2000's. I had a 9mm originally and traded it for Kimber Tactical Full size. I didn't regret the trade, even now, But I did love that HK, so I had to have a new one!
I purchased the P2000 V3 .40S&W LE package on Wedsnesday, it came with the factory Meprolight NS and 3-12rd mags. Upon further inspection of the pistol, I found the NS were indexed WAY OFF!!! The FSP was sitting on the line to the right and the rear was to the left about .035. It is so bad, even my wife noticed easily.
Now, I cant just blame HK yet, I have contacted them to make sure this is an all HK factory pistol, if it is, I wil then see what measures will be taken to correct the issue. I have very mixed feelings regarding there handling of this issue, due to their lack of civilian sales and CS isues in the past.
The sights are so bad they are off 12-16in @ 25yds and 24in or more at 50yds. I mean the purpose of this pistol was to replace my Glock for a Personel Defense CCW pistol, but if I have to compensate at 25ft for a center mass shot, It might as well be junk or a safe queen.
If anyone has a similar issue, or any issue that has had to resolved with HK directly, please post your results, time of service, and results here.
I wouldn't get rid of this pistol for the world, But I am very disappointed in the poor QC fromHK on this issue, I hope everything will be resolved in a professional and timely manner.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 2:01:01 PM EDT
[#1]
New or Used gun?
My P2000 has the sight perfectly aligned right in the center. I bet someone else dicked around with the sights.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 2:09:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Brand New Factory Pistol from a reputable dealer that I have done much buisness with on many sales of firearms. He always has top notch gear from Barrett, HK, FNH, Les Baer, Colt to name a few.

I am hoping this is a factory NS set-up and it was just a day when QC was asleep at the wheel.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 2:14:11 PM EDT
[#3]
On another topic...

I have fobus mag pouch that just lets my spare mag flop around unsecure, What mag pouch do you recommend?? Anyone have experience with Blackhawks CQC or Bladetech's mag holster?
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 2:50:08 PM EDT
[#4]
i also have the fobus mag pouch for the hk with a similar problem.  To alleviate the problem in placed a small thin piece of velcro--the soft side on the holder right above the lip of the holster.  This has solved the problem for me.  Maybe give it a try.  

Brian
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 2:18:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 5:16:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Am I missing something here? Why not just drift them to the center and see where that puts your point of impact? Adjust from there. They may have pulled completed guns out of stock and added the night sights at a later date to fill an order and did a crappy job. If it's just a matter of drifting them, do it and get on with your life. If it's more send it back.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 5:43:43 AM EDT
[#7]
My HK Tactical sights drifted easy.  A good tap would move them.  I replaced them and removing them was really easy.  I could have probably pushed them out by hand.  I also replaced a set of sights on my friends HK Tactical and his sights were practically seized in the dovetail.  It took some good pressure to move them.  I measured both sight bases and they were slightly different.  My HK Tac was one of the first to enter the country and his was a few years after mine.  The sights were the same manufacture.  

I would drift the sights back into place.  If they move real easy then replace them.  I have learned replacing sights for my friends that sight made by the same manufacture are not the same.  There close and close enough to work, but sometimes just enough were they need to be filed a very little or slide to easy.    
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 5:28:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks guys, Your responses have been appreciated.

First of all the velcro mag pouch fix worked great, Thanks NewtoAR15's

I really didn't want to adjust the sights myself, If i need to i will pick up a brass punch to do it. I was jus really disappointed that for HK, IF, this is an all factory gun, they did such a poor job on the indexing. We all know HK is not cheap, so I believe there work should reflect that.

I'm taking the pistol back to the dealer this week, I'm more than sure he has the sight tool and will index them properly for me. If he won't do anything, then I'll attempt my own fix.

I would hate to screw my gun up, finish or otherwise from trying to fix it myself. I have worked on and built a few AR's, but I really don't want to go and screw up a gun I rely on with my life day in and day out.

Like I said in the beginning, this is not an HK bash, it was more of an inquiry if someone else had similar issues and dealt with CS and warranty. I still haven;t gotten a response from HK regarding if the pistol came from the factory with the NS or not.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 8:23:16 AM EDT
[#9]
When I bought my new Sig, both sights are off to the right, it's visible, you can tell.
But when it shoots, it shoots where I want it to be. Did you even shoot your new gun?
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 10:58:19 AM EDT
[#10]
A few questions,

Does HK have a contract with meprolight? I thought HK did their own nightsights (not saying you are wrong, I just am not sure)
Does your dealer buy directly from HK? He may have gotten one from a wholesaler that did the nightsight install aftermarket
Did you ask your dealer if he installed the meprolights?
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 3:40:13 PM EDT
[#11]
I have shot my new P2000, Not for numbers or anything but just to get somee ammo down the tube I shot it for my CF handgun Sun at the NRA 2700 standard pistol match here at the club, my results at 25 & 50yds are real sight situations.
Being real honest, I shoot alot, once a week for NRA pistol matches and participate whenever I can in defensive types of courses, This particular gun at 25FT, was off 6-7" left of center, not a good thing when it is your CCW gun, THIS WAS MY MAIN CONCERN, seconded by getting the proper info regarding the config from factory or aftermarket NS.

I finally got contact from HK, Yes it is a full factory pistol, on this model for the LE pkg, they do use Meprolight NS, I had them run my SN.

I contacted the dealer and he has the NS install tool and will re-index them for me when I bring the gun in, the tool has indexing markings for alignment.

I understand from time to time these things happen, Hell, even Colt makes rifles and 1911's that have flaws from time to time, noone is perfect, I wanted to get my info straight before pointing the finger.

Pretty much the issue is resolved.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top