Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 12/7/2004 9:28:58 PM EDT
OK
Anyone here have both the USP Compact and the P2000SK?

I am looking at getting one or the other for CCW in 9 mm
The USP Compact is a little narrowed than the P2000Sk and not much lighter at all.
I am a small guy with small hands.
Got to get my paws around a the P2000SK and it felt very nice (I wish they had a little bigger finger extension) but I have not mauled the USP Compact yet.

Anyone who has both?
Let me please know the pros and cons of each from a CCW standpoint.  
Link Posted: 12/8/2004 3:48:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Is there any chance at all HK will come out with a P2000 .45?
Link Posted: 12/8/2004 4:45:02 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Don't hold your breath, IMO. Glock, H&K, Walther/S&W all had/have compact 9mm/.40s before a .45 came into the scene, if at all. Don't ask me why, muct be a European thing? Pisses me off to no end.
Link Posted: 12/8/2004 5:09:20 PM EDT
[#3]
P2000 has the LEM trigger mod right?  May make for a slightly less creepy trigger...
Link Posted: 12/8/2004 5:58:39 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't hold your breath, IMO. Glock, H&K, Walther/S&W all had/have compact 9mm/.40s before a .45 came into the scene, if at all. Don't ask me why, muct be a European thing? Pisses me off to no end.

Im going to keep holding my breath.  The P2000 is the only full ambi pistol from the factory on the market right now.  If they made it in .45 that would be oh so sweet.  Why would these companies perfer the .40 over the .45 anyway?  Better parts interchangeability?  Its not like the .40 is a real favorite for the European Market, but I could be wrong on that.  
Link Posted: 12/8/2004 6:13:27 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Im going to keep holding my breath.  The P2000 is the only full ambi pistol from the factory on the market right now.  If they made it in .45 that would be oh so sweet.  Why would these companies perfer the .40 over the .45 anyway?  Better parts interchangeability?  Its not like the .40 is a real favorite for the European Market, but I could be wrong on that.  

40 cal guns can be made on existing 9mm guns.  45s usually require MANY more design changes.
Link Posted: 12/8/2004 6:24:12 PM EDT
[#6]
They're trying to force the metric system on us!
Link Posted: 12/8/2004 6:50:01 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Last year at SHOT HK said "not any time soon."  So with HK currently dropping production of the P7 series of pistols, more than likely stopping importation of the Expert and Elite, and possibly even stopping production or importation of all stainless pistols, who knows what the hell they will do, or when.
Frankly, as much as I love HKs, I think they have lost their minds.
Link Posted: 12/9/2004 7:40:45 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
They're trying to force the metric system on us!

Easy fix!

I now own a USPF 11.43mm  
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 9:36:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Bought the 2000 in 9 mm I will have it next week and cant wait.

I just did not like how the 2000SK felt in my hand (and I have small hands so thats bad)

I am going to pick up a 9 mm LEM USP C when I can find on at a decent price.  Id really love to find one with the ss slide  (anyone???  I have a Beretta 96 Centurian which I would put in trade towards a deal or a cash deal for the right price and usp c)
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 10:37:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Check out the HK45 thread at HKPRO.  Looks to be a cross between the USP, UCP, and P2K, and in .45 ACP.  When it will hit the market?  I reiterate, don't hold your breath!

The P2K is not made with the stainless steel slide.  For that you would have to get the USPC with the LEM trigger group and it would not have the ambi slide release.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 11:21:19 AM EDT
[#11]
haha yeah there is no P2000 C either...

I really gotta wake up before I start posting, that should have been USP C haha

I am going to edit it now.  

Thanks Big!

Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top