Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/28/2005 12:55:14 PM EDT
I have the P12-45 and wondered about holsters. I like the OWB type with a cant. Suggestions? Have one to sell? Also how about shooting +P out of them? Thanks
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 3:12:50 PM EDT
[#1]
I have never shot +Ps out of my guns bcz I don't believe they are necessary and I'd prefer to have faster follow-up shots (since all handguns are weak anyway).  I am pretty sure the Para's can shoot them due to the supported/ramped chamber, but you could email them off their website to be sure.

As for holsters...  I have an IWB for all my carry guns and the McDaniel II is how I carry my P12 and P14.  It pulls the gun in close to you, and the angle of the belt loop is adjustable to fit the user.  You get two size belt loops (my dress gun belt is smaller than my daily carry belt) and the steel mouth will NOT collapse when the gun is drawn.  After 12+ years of CCW... I have not found a better holster.  It will not print under a t-shirt.

www.andrewsleather.com/macdaniel2.htm

If you really want OWB, I recommend one of these two:

www.andrewsleather.com/saddle.htm

www.andrewsleather.com/hyb_saddle.htm
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 5:30:35 PM EDT
[#2]
I emailed para that question when I got my single stack PXT, their response was something along the lines of while we are sure our guns can handle +p pressure, we do not recommend its use. User discretion I suppose, I put a box of 230 grain +p corbons through mine and decided I was better off with gold dots anyway.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 3:53:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Here is the answer I got from Para:

"When using Para-Ordnance pistols, we recommend that you use standard factory
ammunition for optimum results and exceptional long product life.  We are
extremely confident that our pistols will stand up to +P and +P+ load
factors, however, as is with all pistols, extensive use of high pressure
rounds will reduce the life expectancy."
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top