Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/30/2015 10:17:19 PM EDT
Took my new P07 out to the range today and put 150 rounds of Blazer brass 115 gr 9mm throught it.  I had one failure to feed that shooter induced due to limp wristing.  I was getting used to the trigger pull and the SA was so light I unintentionally did a double pull of the trigger.  Due to no being prepared for the second discharge, my wrists were not locked and the next round did not fully chamber.  It was easily cleared and smooth sailing after that.

I am impressed with this compact 9mm.  The DA is a bit heavy but it smooth.  The SA is just about perfect for me.  After I got used to the light trigger I was shooting it pretty nice.  Tennis ball sized groups at 8 yards is really good for me.  I put a target out to 20 yards and I had no problem putting shots on target.  For me the point of aim is right in the sweet spot and it points out to the target really naturally.  Overall, I am very impressed with this gun, especially with the price point being sub $500.  I think I like it better than my new HK P30sk that I just picked up as well.

I think the more I practice with this gun, the better its going to be.  Going to put some more rounds through it this weekend, and hopefully it will soon be in my carry rotation.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:50:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 1:41:44 AM EDT
[#2]

I assure you the gen 1 are just as solid
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:01:38 AM EDT
[#3]
I went through several brands of plastic framed pistols, each one seeming to do better for me than the previous ones till the ones just previous to the CZ P0 guns.

I bought a P07 in .40 S&W after having repeating failure to fire issues with the previous brand of plastic framed guns (not naming brands in this thread so as not to start discussions other than on CZ P07/P09 guns).

That P07 sold me on the idea of buying another one.  The second one was a P09 in 9MM.  I'll attach a picture of my P07 grouping ability.  Oh hell, might as well put the P09 9MM group up, too.  Or partial group.  With the P09 it took me 3 shots to realize they were tearing the same hole in the paper.  So I just took a picture of those three rounds as the group just got bigger.

Seems both these guns "like" light bullets.  Oh, the P07 is one of the older "DUTY" model guns.

With the .40 S&W P07 group, the flyers were my fault.  I knew it when the gun went off, that I was wandering off POA.

P07 group.  Thirteen shots (Nosler 135 grain hollopoints in front of a near max charge of Blue Dot) at 12 yds.

P09 group.  First three shots from the P09 9MM (Precision Delta 115 grain hollowpoints in front of a near max load of Blue Dot).

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top