Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/6/2005 9:59:53 AM EDT
I've been lurking awhile now and as the title suggests, I ordered one each FN Hi-Power in 9mm matte blue from the CDNN.  They took my money over the phone so fast it was painless.  I should be getting it by Thursday or so.  I cannot wait.

I've never shot one, but every time I see one at the store, I'd handle it and that's good enough for me.  It fits like a glove.  

What should my expectations be like at the range?  Is the FN a mirror copy of the original BHP?  I will do the mag safety modification, but nothing else until I get a chance to shoot it.  I'll post some pictures of it when it arrives.

Thanks for reading!  
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:22:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Except for a few minor cosmetics, the current FN model should indeed be the same as the older HP, AFAIK.

As for range accuracy expectations, that will vary as with all guns with ammo it likes & the shooter too. You should be able to get 3-4" easily from 20-25 yards if you do your part, IMO.

My .o2
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 9:31:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks BobCole.  I can't wait until I get my greedy palms around that grip and let my even greedier (?) trigger finger have at it.  

I saw a FM at the local gun store but the quality of the metal wasn't what I'm used to.  Good price, but it left me out in the cold a bit.  

Heck, if I like it more than my XD9, it may just replace it.  
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:20:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 10:25:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Awesome!  Thanks ikor.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:40:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Wait a minute!  It just dawned on me that this was the Browning sub forum.  Could this be why the responses are so low?  
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 5:47:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Good choice.  I have 2 of those CDNN FN HP and I love them.  Same as the older Brownings except for the finish.  You'll be happy with it.

556man
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 9:57:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Well, I just picked up the Hi Power a few minutes ago and I'm like a child again.  The finish is great and the slide to frame fit is nice and tight.  I'm spending some time with it so pictures will follow later but I'm not finding anything online on how to remove the magazine disconnect feature.  Can someone please send me a link or explain to me how to remove it?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 5:36:34 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Good choice.  I have 2 of those CDNN FN HP and I love them.  Same as the older Brownings except for the finish.  You'll be happy with it.

556man

Incorrect. The finish is the same as the equivalent Brownings.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 8:14:16 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

556man

He said "older Brownings," not current production.

I may have to order one of these since they are such a good deal.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 3:34:55 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

556man

Current Brownings don't have the same finish as older Brownings either. And your point was what?

Other than the markings, the FN-marked pistols are identical in every way to the current Brownings. Is that hard to understand? They even have the same packaging.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 9:42:53 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Well, I just picked up the Hi Power a few minutes ago and I'm like a child again.  The finish is great and the slide to frame fit is nice and tight.  I'm spending some time with it so pictures will follow later but I'm not finding anything online on how to remove the magazine disconnect feature.  Can someone please send me a link or explain to me how to remove it?  Thanks.

There used to be a procedure listed on fnhipower.com, but now that that 'site is dead, I don't know if it's been re-posted on hipowersandhandguns.com.

There's not much to removing the disconnect, technically speaking; Mark III Hi Powers require the trigger pivot pin to be pushed out and then the trigger assembly with disconnect can be removed, the disconnect pin can then be pushed out, etc. The hard part is getting that damned trigger pivot pin removed. I gave up on my Hi Powers out of fear of marring the frame and/or finish and let Ted Yost handle the heavy lifting (many other qualified Hi Power gunsmiths can do it, too). Most Hi Power gunsmiths press the pin out with a jig and press to avoid damage to the frame.

The pre-Mark III Hi Powers (Mark II and earlier) can have their magazine disconnects removed simply by knocking out the disconnect pin located near the rear of the trigger. On something like that, I wouldn't have any problem doing it myself.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 9:54:17 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

556man

Current Brownings don't have the same finish as older Brownings either. And your point was what?

Other than the markings, the FN-marked pistols are identical in every way to the current Brownings. Is that hard to understand? They even have the same packaging.

I completely understand the difference in finishes between older Brownings and the newer Browning and FNs.  My point was that 556man said that the pistols are the same as the OLDER Browning "except for the finish."  To which you responded that he was wrong and that "the finish is tha same as the equivalent Brownings."  He wasn't wrong, you just can't read.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 10:08:49 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

556man

I completely understand the difference in finishes between older Brownings and the newer Browning and FNs.  My point was that 556man said that the pistols are the same as the OLDER Browning "except for the finish."  To which you responded that he was wrong and that "the finish is tha same as the equivalent Brownings."  He wasn't wrong, you just can't read.

Apprently you can't read. And you're clueless as well. What fucking difference does it make if the finish is different from the older Hi Powers? That seems to be the most obvious fucking statement someone could make. DUHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why wouldn't the finish on a firearm produced in 2003 be different than that on one produced in, say 1960? Makee any sense-sense? Not same-same.

He seems to infer that the finish is different than ANY Browning Hi Power or that Browning doesn't offer the Hi Power anymore, hence his use of the adjective "OLDER." HENCE MY STATEMENT OF INCORRECT. Is it sinking in yet? Do you need subtitles?

We can go as far with this as you want.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 10:30:26 AM EDT
[#14]
Gentlemen, let's not get all wild up about a finish of a gun and come back to appreciate what a fine firearm the Browning's design of the Hi-Power is, regardless of the matte or blued look.  I still haven't got a chance to shoot it, but I think I'll hit the range later tonight.  
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 10:42:38 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
regardless of the matte or blued look.

FYI, both the high polished blue and matte were offered by FNHUSA. Check out the pictures thread for the blued FN.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 11:29:51 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Gentlemen, let's not get all wild up about a finish of a gun and come back to appreciate what a fine firearm the Browning's design of the Hi-Power is, regardless of the matte or blued look.  

+1.  I was talking about the CDNN 9 mm FN HP matte finish since CDNN are out of the high polished blue 9mm FN HP.  

556man
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 11:33:32 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

556man

Apprently you can't read. And you're clueless as well. What fucking difference does it make if the finish is different from the older Hi Powers? That seems to be the most obvious fucking statement someone could make. DUHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why wouldn't the finish on a firearm produced in 2003 be different than that on one produced in, say 1960? Makee any sense-sense? Not same-same.

He seems to infer that the finish is different than ANY Browning Hi Power or that Browning doesn't offer the Hi Power anymore, hence his use of the adjective "OLDER." HENCE MY STATEMENT OF INCORRECT. Is it sinking in yet? Do you need subtitles?

We can go as far with this as you want.

I wasn't questioning the difference in finishes between older Brownings or FN.  I've seen plenty ofvariation in Browning and FN finishes from different time groups.  Just your statement that he was wrong to say the finish of current FNs is different from older Brownings.  He was correct.  Period.  

I also didn't read his statement as an inference that Browning no longer markets the Hi Power.  He simply stated they are the same as older Brownings.  As in not newer.  Period.  You seem to be the one unable to read simple written word and making inferences about others meaning.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 12:17:00 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I wasn't questioning the difference in finishes between older Brownings or FN.  I've seen plenty ofvariation in Browning and FN finishes from different time groups.  Just your statement that he was wrong to say the finish of current FNs is different from older Brownings.  He was correct.  Period.

He was redundant. Period. The sun will rise at dawn, eat plenty of food and lots of it, bisect a line in half, etc. And what is the point in stating that the current FN-marked Hi Powers have a different finish than older Browning-marked Hi Powers? You don't have a fucking clue.

Quoted:
I also didn't read his statement as an inference that Browning no longer markets the Hi Power.

At this point, I think we all know you can't fucking read, Captain Obvious.

Just let me know how far you want to take things.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 12:19:18 PM EDT
[#19]
No you can't read or comprehend written word.

Quoted:
Just let me know how far you want to take things.

What is this, some sort of internet geek threat.  Get bent you loser.

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 12:24:13 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Mucho comprendo, you no understandee talk-talk.

Quoted:

And exactly when did you want to offer something constructive to this discussion? You seem to be rather focused on an argument in semantics -- and one in which your ass is quickly being handed to you -- vice discussing Hi Powers.

Were you wanting to get into a really DEEP discussion of Hi Power finishes? Or did you want to discuss how to remove the magazine disconnect? I've already participated in those topics, so just jump right in if you have something constructive to add, sport.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 12:28:20 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

And exactly when did you want to offer something constructive to this discussion? You seem to be rather focused on an argument in semantics -- and one in which your ass is quickly being handed to you -- vice discussing Hi Powers.

Were you wanting to get into a really DEEP discussion of Hi Power finishes? Or did you want to discuss how to remove the magazine disconnect? I've already participated in those topics, so just jump right in if you have something constructive to add, sport.

My ass hasn't been handed anywhere .  Like a typical self-appointed internet guru, you incorrectly jumped on 556man's statement, and have continued to be unable to understand that ALL HE WAS SAYING WAS THAT THE FINISH ON THE NEW FNS IS DIFFERENT THAN THE FINISH ON THE OLD BROWNINGS.

That's all there is to it.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 12:30:53 PM EDT
[#22]
This certainly turned into a useful thread.

Grow the fuck up.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 12:36:40 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

My ass hasn't been handed anywhere .  Like a typical self-appointed internet guru, you incorrectly jumped on 556man's statement, and have continued to be unable to understand that ALL HE WAS SAYING WAS THAT THE FINISH ON THE NEW FNS IS DIFFERENT THAN THE FINISH ON THE OLD BROWNINGS.

You don't fucking understand, do you?

What the fuck is the point in mentioning that the finish on the CURRENT FN Hi Power is different than the finish on the OLDER Browning Hi Power, if the finish on the CURRENT FN Hi Power is the SAME as the finish on the CURRENT Browning Hi Power?

Are you incapable of understanding that? Can you not articulate an answer?
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 12:43:29 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You don't fucking understand, do you?

What the fuck is the point in mentioning that the finish on the CURRENT FN Hi Power is different than the finish on the OLDER Browning Hi Power, if the finish on the CURRENT FN Hi Power is the SAME as the finish on the CURRENT Browning Hi Power?

Are you incapable of understanding that? Can you not articulate an answer?

you think you are too smart for your own good.  All the guy was saying was the finish was differnt.  Simple statement, no more.  You are an idiot if you can't see that and have to read more into it.  Perhaps you should go invest in some tinfoil.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 12:49:46 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 12:49:47 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 1:10:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Posted by : SSeric02
“ALL HE WAS SAYING WAS THAT THE FINISH ON THE NEW FNS IS DIFFERENT THAN THE FINISH ON THE OLD BROWNINGS.

That's all there is to it.”

SSeric02 got my point and like he said that's all there is to it.  M16Ham got a matte finish HP and I’m comparing that to the Older Browning HP. “ Not the New Browning HP.”  I haven’t seen a finish like that on the Older Browning HP.  Correct me if I am wrong but I  think I’m right on this one.  

556man
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 1:17:48 PM EDT
[#28]
This thread is definitely ill mannered, especially compared to the missed civility of Fnhipower.com  
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 2:02:31 PM EDT
[#29]
Ok Ok...let's settle this debacle once and for all.  All of you turn in your Hi-Powers to me and once I've acquired all the Hi-Powers in the world, I/we shall determine when exactly the finish changed.  If Mr. Browning ever read this thread, he would've made the Hi-Power available in stainless only.

Interesting on where this thread is going.  I better take cover!

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 2:35:36 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
“ALL HE WAS SAYING WAS THAT THE FINISH ON THE NEW FNS IS DIFFERENT THAN THE FINISH ON THE OLD BROWNINGS.

SSeric02 got my point and like he said that's all there is to it.  M16Ham got a matte finish HP and I’m comparing that to the Older Browning HP. “ Not the New Browning HP.”  I haven’t seen a finish like that on the Older Browning HP.  Correct me if I am wrong but I  think I’m right on this one.  

556man

And I cannot really understand your purpose for stating what is so patently obvious. Of course the current FN Hi Powers have a different finish than the OLD Browning Hi Powers. Hell's bells, the current Browning Hi Powers have a different finish than their older counterparts. For the most part FN has always marketed HPs that were identical to whatever Browning was marketing.

And no, I don't believe you're "right on this one," when FN was marketing a high polish blued HP just like Browning always has.

But again, I don't understand your purpose for stating the obvious.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 2:36:26 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
This thread is definitely ill mannered, especially compared to the missed civility of Fnhipower.com  

There's always hipowersandhandguns.com, which is made up of a lot of the same people from fnhipower.com.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 2:39:33 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Ok Ok...let's settle this debacle once and for all.  All of you turn in your Hi-Powers to me and once I've acquired all the Hi-Powers in the world, I/we shall determine when exactly the finish changed.  If Mr. Browning ever read this thread, he would've made the Hi-Power available in stainless only.

Interesting on where this thread is going.  I better take cover!

With a few exceptions, FN has always marketed identical versions to what Browning has sold. The current iteration of FN imports came over with a funky painted-looking finish in 2002, but quickly shifted to the same finishes as the Mark III HP and the blued HP. I've seen a few of the Howco imported HPs from the '80s that had a parkerized finish.

At any rate, at $400 for a new FN/Browning HP, there are better things that can be scrutinized.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 2:56:29 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

You are right, and I apologize to M16Ham and the others who were just enjoyiong a good thread about new Hi Powers for my part in how this went wrong.

What happened to FNhipower.com anyways?  I thought it was a good site with some good information.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 3:02:56 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
What happened to FNhipower.com anyways?  I thought it was a good site with some good information.

The owner decided not to maintain it anymore and closed it. Most everybody who was involved over there have since migrated to the forums at hipowersandhandguns.com.

handgunsandammo.proboards36.com/index.cgi
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 3:10:10 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

556man

And I cannot really understand your purpose for stating what is so patently obvious. Of course the current FN Hi Powers have a different finish than the OLD Browning Hi Powers. Hell's bells, the current Browning Hi Powers have a different finish than their older counterparts. For the most part FN has always marketed HPs that were identical to whatever Browning was marketing.

And no, I don't believe you're "right on this one," when FN was marketing a high polish blued HP just like Browning always has.

But again, I don't understand your purpose for stating the obvious.

Sorry Lester_Long but I'm not going to argue with you. I tried to be nice but I can't really understand the way you think.

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 3:16:37 PM EDT
[#36]
Dueling pistols anyone?
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 3:33:56 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Sorry Lester_Long but I'm not going to argue with you. I tried to be nice but I can't really understand the way you think.

Nor do I understand your stating of the obvious. Was there a point to it?
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 3:52:07 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

By M16Ham:

"I've been lurking awhile now and as the title suggests, I ordered one each FN Hi-Power in 9mm matte blue from the CDNN. They took my money over the phone so fast it was painless. I should be getting it by Thursday or so. I cannot wait.

I've never shot one, but every time I see one at the store, I'd handle it and that's good enough for me. It fits like a glove.

What should my expectations be like at the range? Is the FN a mirror copy of the original BHP? I will do the mag safety modification, but nothing else until I get a chance to shoot it. I'll post some pictures of it when it arrives.

Thanks for reading! "

I'm just sharing some info to M16Ham and that's my point.  Not all people are expert on the HP.  I'm sorry if I insulted your intelligence.

556man

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 4:37:15 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

By M16Ham:

"I've been lurking awhile now and as the title suggests, I ordered one each FN Hi-Power in 9mm matte blue from the CDNN. They took my money over the phone so fast it was painless. I should be getting it by Thursday or so. I cannot wait.

I've never shot one, but every time I see one at the store, I'd handle it and that's good enough for me. It fits like a glove.

What should my expectations be like at the range? Is the FN a mirror copy of the original BHP? I will do the mag safety modification, but nothing else until I get a chance to shoot it. I'll post some pictures of it when it arrives.

Thanks for reading! "

I'm just sharing some info to M16Ham and that's my point.  Not all people are expert on the HP.  I'm sorry if I insulted your intelligence.

556man

And I'm still not understanding the purpose of your posting the obvious. The current BHP isn't "identical" to original BHPs either. There are more than just differences in finish as well. "Original" BHPs had an internal extractor, stock slot, takedown cutout, etc. Did you not realize that? At this point I think you're only trying to save face and back pedal from your original post.

I understood the original poster was asking if the FN Hi Power was identical to the Browning Hi Power, not any of the "clones," like the FM or FEG guns. It's pretty obvious that it is, though I'm not sure if you realized it.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 5:31:20 PM EDT
[#40]
THIS is ARFCOM at its finest.

Id like to thank everyone involved for contributing to the knowledge base around here.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 7:02:34 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

I'll see what I can find for you or I'll give you a blow by blow explanation of the what for's in removing the mag disconnect. It's not difficult, just need a couple of good punches and a 12 pounder to hit them with (just kidding) . We used to have one on file at fnhipower.com but when the site ceased as far as I know the info has not been transferred for future reference.

RC
There are lots of posts on this subject . . .and yes there is an improvement in trigger pull plus you get the benefit of drop free magazines too. Depending on the age of the pistol you either have to remove the entire trigger assembly first to remove the mag disconnect or on older pistols you can cheat and remove the mag disconnect without removel of the whole assembly.

Below is some instruction provided by a fellow HP collector and I have borrowed his thread for the benefit of the members here who are interested in mag disconnect and would like to acknowledge his input and thank him for it.

From "gp35fn"

First this post is for informational purposes only-and are my observations. Most gunsmithing should be done by a qualified gunsmith-I have served in several gunshps as a gunsmith/saleman -if your not sure what your doing-DON'T-if you attempt anything I describe here and it doesn't work out-I absolve myself completely. Again these are my personnel observations and for information only-I am not telling anyone to do this!. Second if you question the "legality" of removing a Hi Power disconnect-don't you'll sleep better at nights. That said the removal of the Hi Power magazine disconnect has always been one thing most often discussed among Hi Power (and clone) owners. For many Hi Power (and clone) owners this is a simple matter-the trigger section does not need to be removed-in fact takes about 5 minutes. Now for other Hi Power owners(and clones) it is still possible to remove the mag disconnect without removing the entire trigger group-but it is much more difficult. All Hi Power trigger/mag disconnects are not created equal-some are easy some are hard to remove. Why ? FN and some clone manufactures redesigned these parts to make easy removal much harder. O.K. now to the pistols that qualify as "easy". Any FN or clone( Inglis, Pindad, FM, etc... made BEFORE 1973 and the early FEGs and New Indian MK1A will have the easy mag disconnect removal. On these pistols the mag disconnect removal is as follows: First ensure pistol is unloaded, field strip as normal but remove grips. Lay the pistol frame with an unloaded magazine in place on a hard surface (wood works best) right side up. Place a small block of wood under the trigger to support it-do not block the mag disconnect pin in the trigger doing this. Find a punch of the same diameter as the mag disconnect pin and carfully tap out mag disconnect pin from right to left. Once pin is out remove punch- pick up frame carefully remove magazine-sometimes the disconnect and spring will pop out-remove. If not pull trigger-often this will work-try a few times in case it doesn't the first time. Now if that still hasn't got it and the anxiety level is rising do this -on right side of trigger group is the sear arm -that little lever that sticks up every time you pull the trigger. Pull the trigger again and as that arm rises up grab it and bend it towards the rear of pistol-carefull- the mag diconnect and spring will really come out now. Now if after all this your disconnect is still in place-one of two things-one take a small flat tip screwdriver-pull triger again-you'll see a small gap between disconnect and trigger insert screw driver blade and gently pry to rear. this sould do it-if not you have one of the "hard" removals-not listed above-you didn't pay attention-now you do have trouble. I'm not going to go into "Hard" removal here-this thread is already a novel-but if your Hi Power is FN made from 1973 onwards or a Argentine 1973 or later or M90/M95 series Hi Power yours is a "hard" removal do not attempt the above-it will NOT work!!!!!!!!! Again as stated at the top, this is for informational purposes ONLY-Firearm repair/modification should only be done by qualified personnel!-IF you attempt this YOU are responsible for the outcome!!!

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 7:47:15 PM EDT
[#42]
Thank you StingerHP for that.  I wish it would work for mine, but mine was assembled in 2002 so I would need the Hard Removal instructions.  It looks pretty easy but I do need a punch set, long past due.  
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 7:58:04 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Thank you StingerHP for that.  I wish it would work for mine, but mine was assembled in 2002 so I would need the Hard Removal instructions.  It looks pretty easy but I do need a punch set, long past due.  

Yes I know you have a newer model but the removel of the trigger assembly is the same first step in the removel of the mag disconnect. Once it's out then you tap out the small pin in the trigger itself . That pin holds the mag disconnect arm in place once you remove it, the arm and the spring with it will come out with a little pull. Then all you do is put the trigger assembly back in the way it came out (*note . . .before you remove the trigger assembly look down into it from the top of the frame and move the trigger back and forth and watch the little arm on the right side moving up and down, if you don't know what that is, it's a lifter and must be put back in place the way is comes out and the trigger spring placement on it is important so look at that.) That's all there is to taking that little bugger out and simplifying your shooting fun. Any other questions just IM me.

RC
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 8:10:44 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

By M16Ham:

Thanks for reading! "

556man

And I'm still not understanding the purpose of your posting the obvious. The current BHP isn't "identical" to original BHPs either. There are more than just differences in finish as well. "Original" BHPs had an internal extractor, stock slot, takedown cutout, etc. Did you not realize that? At this point I think you're only trying to save face and back pedal from your original post.

I understood the original poster was asking if the FN Hi Power was identical to the Browning Hi Power, not any of the "clones," like the FM or FEG guns. It's pretty obvious that it is, though I'm not sure if you realized it.

Lester, I'm not taking sides I think this is just a minor misunderstanding that got out of hand.

I wouldn't speak for 556man or M16Ham but I believe that the statement was not to refer to the "original" P35 BHP,  but to compare a Browning MKIII and an FN MKIII  being the same gun with the exception of finish.  I could be wrong about this too. But either way Life to short to sweat the small stuff. We're all hear to exchange ideas, thoughts, experiences, and all and all just have a good time chatting.

RC
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 9:37:42 PM EDT
[#45]
Amen!
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 3:32:43 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I wouldn't speak for 556man or M16Ham but I believe that the statement was not to refer to the "original" P35 BHP,  but to compare a Browning MKIII and an FN MKIII  being the same gun with the exception of finish.

And if you'll read the entire exchange, you'll see that that was my position all along.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 12:32:20 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Dueling pistols High Powers anyone?

Fixed it for ya!  
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 3:11:52 AM EDT
[#48]
Nah.  That's too violent.  How about whoever eats the most hotdogs wins.  

Hey M16Ham.  Any range report yet?  Let us know.

556man
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 9:42:56 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Gunplumber's Guide to Browning Hi-Power Home Gunsmithing Video. Includes disassembly, reassembly, inspection, customizing, and repair of the Browning Hi-Power pistol. Digitally mastered. 2 hours, 40 minutes. $30 delivered USPS.

from www.arizonaresponsesytems.com

Not your ordinary gun video. Very entertaining/informative.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 9:51:13 AM EDT
[#50]
Thanks for the link callgood.  

No range report yet.  I should be at the range tomorrow.  It's been a very busy week for me and it's not helping with my anxiety to see how this pistol shoots.  

Here's a picture as promised though.  

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top